Inventory and Planning SupervisorHuntsville, AL
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Under general supervision from the Materials Planning & Inventory Superintendent, performs supervisory, technical and administrative duties in the materials planning, scheduling and warehousing operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plans and directs the material planning and warehousing functions to meet the facility plan objectives and satisfy customer needs.
- Manages inventory and record accuracy through monitoring shortage / surplus exception, supplier follow ups, negative on-hands and daily delivery performance.
- Develops and directs internal/external material flow plans.
- Reviews and develops materials procedures and policies to meet safety, quality, delivery and cost goals.
- Implements efficient supplier and interplant material supply plans to meet production and parts requirements while optimizing inventory levels, lead times, packaging requirements, and transportation costs.
- Provides direct support to manufacturing operations through managing incoming requirements and scheduling of production work orders.
- Selects trains and assists direct reports while providing career guidance and opportunity for added experience and training.
- Develops staff skills and Lean approaches to daily operations. This position is responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of direct reports.
- Any special projects you are asked to complete.
- Works cooperatively to develop new ideas and enhance procedures in the team.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's degree is highly preferred.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills required
- Computer skills required
- Knowledge of MAPICS desired
- Knowledge of MRP systems desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be able to lift 40lbs
- Fast-paced manufacturing and warehouse environment.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.