Category Leader- Maintenance PartsPlymouth, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Category Leader –Maintenance Parts will be responsible for managing and growing a profitable maintenance parts and lubricant business(s). In addition, this role will lead the development of the Parts Marketplace roadmap and implementation and be responsible for: product life cycle management, market research, pricing, and marketing strategies to ensure the commercial success, all guided by the “Voice of the Customer.” As a key member of the division’s team this person will work cross-functionally to build a successful maintenance and wholistic marketplace (alternate channel) business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop plans for maintenance parts and lubricants that support the target customer and enhance the product ownership and lifestyle experience
- Develop and own the marketplace strategy and implementation for Parts & Lubricants
- Responsible for maintenance parts and lubricants revenues, gross margins, operating expenses and inventory
- Support and grow the maintenance business through digital, dealer, and alternative channels, and the connected vehicle rollout
- Guide team to develop and recommend attachment rate targets, sales volume, pricing and profit margin forecasts for maintenance business and marketplace(s) channel
- Analyze market data, competitive activity, demographic, lifestyle and shopping trends to identify market opportunities that align with the strategic objectives of the business
- Work with sales teams to develop integrated retail and wholesale plans for parts & lubricants
- Partner with Marketing and Ecom teams to successfully showcase Polaris parts digitally
- Communicate effectively with whole good product development team(s) to ensure timely parts and lubrication product development aligned with whole goods products development
- Manage relationships and processes with suppliers and engineering to ensure timely delivery, supply and orders to customers (dealers and consumers)
- Track trends in technology development, industrial design and competitive product development to help identify and anticipate future opportunities, competitive threats and foster innovation
- Identify new opportunities for further expansion of the PG&A division in new segments via organic development as well as strategic alliances or acquisitions, channel expansion, and brands
- Represent division and company as spokesperson on occasion; attend various industry events including trade association meetings
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience required, MBA preferred
- 5 years’ relevant marketplace, brand, sales, marketing and/or product development experience
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Highly organized and self-driven with ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Digital and/or Marketplace or related field experience
- Excellent presentations skills including the ability to present to and persuade a wide range of audiences from Senior Management, members of the press, dealers (sell the viability of commercial programs)
- Cross-functional influencing capabilities, able to work well across, up and down the organization
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative market research tools and techniques
- Customer focus mindset
- Knowledge of powersports and/or automotive-like products a plus
- Proven track record of critical thinking skills, solving problems, and driving results
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.