Electric Powertrain Sr. Project EngineerWyoming, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
JOB SUMMARY: Manages, directs and monitors Electric Powertrain design and development programs from concept to production to achieve program objectives within a specified time schedule
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages large scale programs that are 2-3 years in length with significant financial investment
- Manages cross-functional Electric Powertrain program team(s) to meet project schedule, cost, quality, durability, performance and reliability requirements; responsible for the overall success of the program
- Directs the Electric Powertrain program using the Polaris Development Process (PDP), ensuring that all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved; manages programs through a gated process; considered a subject matter expert in the gated process
- Responsible for the key decisions that drive the program objectives and metrics
- Manages the assigned Electric Powertrain team to develop new product features, innovative approaches, breakthrough technologies, and improved processes; collaborates with suppliers to use their design expertise where appropriate Insures that manufacturing, quality, and purchasing resources and activities of the team to provide seamless coordination and issue resolution between all team members; supports accessory and service part planning and execution; drives necessary trade-offs to ensure program success
- Drives the development testing as required through technical leads to analyze problems and recommends possible solutions
- Manages resources and task assignments within the team; coordinates issue resolution with functional managers
- Motivates the entire team and others affecting the program's success Assists functional managers to plan budgets and manpower forecasts
- Provides technical support for promotional materials, sales and marketing information, and service publications;
- Coaches, develops, and potentially supervises Project leaders, Engineers and Engineering Development Associates Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BS Engineering Degree required, MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of program leadership or engineering project leadership experience, in similar industry; strong technical background, ideally in powertrains and/or electric powertrains
- Excellent project planning, organizing, and administrative skills; a subject matter expert in the application of project management tools and methodologies
- Ability to understand how program objectives, tools, and resources relate cross-functionally
- Strong ability to manage by influence with strong leadership skills and ability
- Exhibits outstanding interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written communication)
- Understands the voice of customer to exceed customer expectations
- Ability to supervise people if necessary
- Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with supporting managers, leaders, and staff
- Decisive and prone to action; must be quality-oriented and customer focused
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude
- Dynamic and fast paced office environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.