At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This position is accountable for the development and implementation of programs and processes that ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health and satety regulatory requirements as well as Polaris's internal EHS&S requirements. The EHS&S Manager will be expected to champion implementation of Polaris's environment, health, safety and security values, requirements and pollution prevention principles in support of a zero environmental and safety harm culture.
This leadership position will be a dual role reporting to the Global Business Unit EHS&S Director & the MTY Plant Director. The individual in this role must demonstrate strong problem solving, hazard recognition and influencing skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands, implements and ensures compliance with all applicable Environmental, Health, Safety and Security regulations and Polaris's internal EHS objectives, policies and procedures.
- Proactively develops, implements and champion proactive facility level EHS strategies in order to achieve and maintain Polaris's goal of achieving a zero-harm culture.
- Leads efforts to continuously improve MTY, MX EHS and Security performance within the manufacturing facility; including the adoption of innovative programs and practices to overcome plateaus in performance, the timely execution of corrective and preventative action plans, and implementation of value improvement projects (VIPS) focused on improving facility safety and resource efficiency.
- Manage relationship with Third Party Contractors including onsite Security and Medical Services.
- Conduct regular EHS performance reviews, assessments, and follow-up to ensure location are in compliance with regulatory and Polaris Corporate requirements.
- Ensures that Polaris environmental, health, safety and site security expectations, requirements and processes are clearly communicated, shared and executed by contractors, service providers, visitors and other external stakeholders working at facility.
- Partner with manufacturing leaders to proactively address ergonomic and other risk factors present in the facility.
- Conduct internal and external benchmarking to bring a broad perspective from different industries to bear on issues and problems.
- Manage relationships with external stakeholder groups. Interface, as necessary, with government agencies to maintain regulatory compliance and proactive relationships (audits, annual reports, applications for permits, etc.).
- Provide advice and guidance to facility leadership on the interpretation and application of acts / regulations / requirements related to EHS and security,.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Engineering or related field combined with relevant work experience required.
- Master's degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in the environmental, health and safety function in a fast-paced, complex manufacturing environment.
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Possess strong interpersonal communications skills including the ability to influence others.
- Strong advocate for change with a bias for action.
- Comprehensive problem-solving skills.
- Spanish and English language skills required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.