At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Manager, Data Engineering
D & IT
Director, Enterprise Data Management
JOB SUMMARY: Polaris is recruiting for a Data Engineering Manager to own and Manage a Product Roadmap & Product Development Team as well as maintenance and support of source code for the existing platforms in the Business Intelligence space. This Bangalore based role is positioned within a broader Data & Analytics organization whose mission is to turn data into a market leading strategic advantage for Polaris.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work with Business to define roadmap, and backlogs for the team. • Provides inputs on project pipeline to data engineering team • Design and develop enhancements for the supported applications using the team • Manages and mentors the Data Engineering Team • Define Product Team Performance Metrics and Measure them • Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion, coordinates work activities with other supervisors • Be able to define requirements, analyze and design solutions in the Data Engineering space • Set and guide coding standards and guidelines for the Data Engineering to follow
• Work with management, business analysts, project managers, and business clients to document requirements and prepare technical design documents. Coordinate with cross functional teams as required and ensure development efforts provide business value and comply with architecture and design standards
• Coaches team members on performance, completes employee performance evaluations, and recommends pay actions
• Proficient in identifying project needs, estimating, and prioritizing tasks, setting intermediate goals and milestones to accomplish the outcome
• A strong awareness of industry best practices related to the domain owned and supported and experience adhering to usability, design, and development standards
• Experience with Microsoft languages and technologies, including SharePoint, Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, Pivot Tables, Power Pivot, and Power BI
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, data science or a related field required
• 8+ years of experience within enterprise data environments with 3 + years of data engineering leadership experience
• In-depth experience of Solutioning in Data Engineering including SSIS, SSAS, Cubes and Reporting • Experience in Industry leading Global Data Platforms like Snowflake, Azure Data Factory, and Talend • Experience in maintaining streaming jobs (producers/consumers) using Apache Kafka or AWS Kinesis • Experience in building data intensive distributed Applications using Scala, Python • Experience with large-scale data or program management and oversight • Demonstrated experience in project management and organization • Excellent organizational, time management, and project planning/strategizing skills • Strong analytical and problem resolution skills • Strong verbal and written communication skills • Ability to collaborate in a matrix environment, work with geographically distributed teams • Experience in a Manufacturing related industry is a plus
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.