Senior EHS Manager - ElectrificationMedina, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Senior EHS Manager - Electrification, under the supervision of the VP of EHS, Security and Facilities, will be responsible for working in collaboration with engineering, operations, and Polaris’ business development teams to develop comprehensive occupational environmental, health and safety processes and programs as they relate to battery development and electric vehicle manufacturing and assembly. The candidate will be the electrification health and safety Subject Matter Expert responsible for working with engineering and operations team members to establish and execute safe design standards, training programs, assembly processes, equipment commissioning, and emergency response programs.
Office location is flexible. Travel to Polaris facilities will be required ~25%.
- Support the development and launch of EHS Management System elements in support of Polaris Electrification programs throughout Operations & Engineering
- Gather and develop a deep understanding of stakeholder requirements needed to identify potential hazards and operability issues during product development and manufacturing
- Define & effectively communicate manufacturing safety and hazard mitigation strategies for manufacturing engineering teams
- Conduct system and product level incidental energy studies, and guide Engineering and EHS teams on appropriate safeguards and PPE usage
- Evaluate feasibility of effective de-energization, lock out tag out, and verification of zero energy on products and systems for the purpose of controlling/eliminating electrical hazards
- Support and participate in onsite launch activities for both Battery Assembly and EV Vehicle Assembly.
- Support the development and implementation of Training specific to Health and Safety for electric vehicle and battery development and assembly.
- Conduct Risk Assessments for the site, including new or modified equipment
- Assist in development of Emergency Response plans including identification of appropriate equipment, resources and required training.
- Performs regulatory reviews during design and prior to production to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and standards
- Participate in field troubleshooting and problem solving of issues that may arise from design or process failures
- Actively work as a key Management of Change (MoC) stakeholder
- Facilitate incident investigations ensuring that preventative actions address system causes and not just individual behaviors
- Analyze incident trends and use risk-assessment methods to identify continuous improvement projects that reduce injury, illness and environmental impact events
- BS degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial) or other degrees with relevant work experience
- Experience with electrification and electric vehicle development a plus
- Experienced in Occupational and Environmental Health & Safety (ideally in battery manufacturing, and an interest in battery technology/renewable energy/electric vehicles)
- Fundamental knowledge of regulations and industry standards (OSHA, ANSI, UL, NFPA, ISO, and other applicable standards)
- Familiarity with the design, control and incorporation of compliance strategies
- Fundamental knowledge of outdoor powersports equipment
- Strong planning, organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.