Quality Tech- Assembly- 2nd ShiftHuntsville, AL
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform inspection and measurement of parts, components, and assemblies within the assigned area of responsibility.
- All inspections and qualifications to be documented using established procedures and formats.
- Support the assigned ORV product lines with prompt problem identification and resolution using the established model.
- Work with all necessary departments to obtain solid problem resolution.
- Initiate RMO’s and notify the production supervisor(s) when non-conforming materials are found. Work with all appropriate departments to obtain prompt dispositions, and identify opportunities for corrective action.
- Develop, or assist in the development or improvement of clear, concise inspection procedures to save time, prevent production of defective product, or in any other way improve the quality level of product.
- Perform duties assigned by Supervisor.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as required and mandated by production schedules.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs and push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, turn, kneel, squat, and climb.
- Stand and walk up to eight hours per day.
- Work safely around moving equipment, power tools, and industrial vehicles.
It may be necessary to perform any of these functions up to eight hours a day.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- High School diploma or GED required. AA degree or specialized training preferred.
- Display communication and leadership skills, both written and verbally.
- Have a working knowledge of computer operation, basic and advanced math, and statistical process control.
- Be able to operate all critical measurement and test equipment.
- Be able to interpret and understand blueprints, process routings, B.O.M. and various manuals.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.