Engineer, Software Sr.Monterrey
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris Industries, Inc. is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to work in an exciting, very fast-paced environment. As a Sr. Software Engineer on the Polaris team, you would be a functional and technical contributor for Blue Yonder WMS system used in distribution centers. This role is responsible for the high-level configuration, design, and integration of BY WMS system with both material handling and ERP systems. Effectively partners with product managers, application developers and business users, ensuring solutions are aligned to the business and technology strategy, leveraging enterprise components, and the overall advancement of Polaris technologies.
Systems and Enterprise Architecture
- Work with Product Owners, Lead and Software Engineers to understand business and functional requirements
- Ability to visualize the solution by understanding the problem statement and transforming it into software design and/or configuration of BY WMS, Material Handling, and ERP software.
- Documents functional capabilities of BY WMS and Material Handling software and integrations of BY WMS and Material Handling software like Exacta (AutoStore) to other Polaris’s systems.
- Coach and Mentor Software Engineers to follow Polaris’s standards and incorporate industry best-practices in the applications; guide them in design concepts, technical communication, and development
- Assist in development of project plans, specification documents, test plans, and install and release plans
- Assist with analyzing existing homegrown business systems to develop technical designs and specifications, break fixes and enhancements
- Leads in producing deliverables including configuration/tailoring documents; integrations; and user mock-ups
- Document test cases and perform systems and acceptance testing
- Troubleshoot production issues.
- Provide after install support: Questions and helpdesk tickets from users
- Attend and participate in project and administrative meetings
- Proven experience and success in integrating BY WMS software with material handling and ERP ordering applications
- Development experience with BY WMS including:
- Configuration of WMS package
- Views, Jasper Reporting, and Workflows
- MOCA, DDA, RF devices, and Label & Barcode Printing
- Java, C++, and C#
- Experienced with Material Handling Systems (Dematic)
- Experience with Windows SQL Server platforms
- Able to read and understand Java, C++, and C# languages, coding standards and practices
- Experience with automated testing software for regression and volume testing (Tryon Cycle)
- Solid understanding of ETL design using ETL tools to extract data from heterogeneous data sources
- Experience in Distribution center operations, ordering system is highly preferred.
- Skilled in being a strong team player, i.e.; flexible, collegial, and enthusiastic
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple project assignments
- Strong written and verbal communication. Ability to effectively communicate with non-technical audience.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- 4-year degree in IT/Business related field required.
- 5+ years of experience with BY WMS and minimum of 3 years of experience in an analyst role performing system analysis and writing functional specifications
- Broad knowledge and experience with any ERP platform with a preference given to ASI or Infor XA.
- Previous experience working with Agile and Scrum methodologies is preferred.
- Prior experience with E2Open/Logistyx rate shopping is preferred.
- Proven success in mentoring and developing less experienced technical team members
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with multiple project assignments.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.