Vehicle Controls Systems EngineerNovi, MI
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As an Embedded Systems Engineer in our Vehicle Electronics and Software organization you will be a pivotal member of our team; designing, developing, and specifying, software and hardware aspects of our Electronic Control Units (ECUs). The Embedded Systems Engineer ensures feature level integration considerations are specified, considered, and implemented appropriately across the wide portfolio of vehicles that ECUs are inserted into.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for translating feature system level desires into component level software and hardware requirements for an embedded system into a requirements management tool that accurately reflects the needs and wants of the business while also accounting for the defined system constraint interfaces.
- Ensures overall technical execution for their system is meeting program expectations.
- Works cross functionally with other internal Polaris Teams such as program management as needed to ensure ECU features and design with vehicle functionality is compatible.
- Enhance ECU platforming mindset and capabilities with a focus on extensibility and modularity to allow flexibility and continued future evolution with minimal incremental effort and time.
- Works heavily with external suppliers and ensures the technical deliverables and milestones of the supplier are completed as required.
- Assists the Polaris Systems teams in ways their individual controller systems and features can be platformed and designed in such a way for maximum reuse and efficiencies across the product portfolio.
- Provides technical oversight for other internal team members on vehicle specific ECU calibration duties.
- Other duties as required.
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- B.S. or higher in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering required
- 0-5 years of professional experience with previous industry experience as a full-time, contractor, co-op or intern strongly desired.
- Experience with design and/or implementation of embedded controls required; related to vehicle controls/diagnostics/communication strongly desired.
- Experience performing requirements documentation within a formal requirements management tool strongly desired.
- Experience with software and/or hardware V&V efforts including MIL/SIL/HIL, other low-level software verification, and related documentation required
- Experience with communication networks required; vehicle communication networks such as CAN,J1939, and UDS strongly preferred
- Experience with vehicle architectures that include ECMs such as a Gateway, connected features such as telematics, over-the-air reflash and multi CAN bus electrical architectures strongly desired.
- Experience with Control System DFMEA preferred.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced development environment required.
- Experience in effective problem solving and troubleshooting required.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.