Lead, Strategic Sourcing NPIWyoming, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As an NPI Sourcing Lead, you will be responsible for strategy development and execution for supply chain deliverables required to launch new vehicle programs within a Global Business Unit (GBU) at Polaris. You will lead a cross-functional supply chain team to achieve results and drive value to the customer.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Oversee all sourcing activities for assigned projects from Gate 1 through SOP, holding internal teams and suppliers accountable for achieving key milestones, including but not limited to: design reviews, supplier selection, pilot build support, PPAP completion and SOP ramp up.
- Develop strategic sourcing plan, identify supply chain risks and mitigation opportunities, and present project deliverables status to leadership team at project milestones.
- Accountable for all sourced components within the project to ensure components and tooling are sourced within budget for BOM and tooling costs, on time per the established schedule, and meet all quality standards set forth.
- Proactively liaison between Engineering, Suppliers, Operations, and Strategic Sourcing to coordinate the on-time delivery of components for vehicle development builds, lead mitigation plan execution where required.
- Facilitate smooth transition of responsibility of materials management from the development team to the production team upon release for production to support steady, stable production.
GBU Sourcing Strategy Development:
- Develop holistic sourcing strategy by vehicle platform to achieve project requirements and ensure alignment category sourcing strategies.
- Identify gaps in supplier capability and technology, and partner with category sourcing teams to proactively identify and on-board new suppliers as necessary to support Global Business Unit objectives.
- Pro-actively work with engineering and product management to develop and execute supplier facing intellectual property strategy that translates into competitive market advantage.
- Translate long range product plans into road maps to feed into and drive category sourcing strategies.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain/Operations, or Engineering.
- 4+ years of relevant experience (product development or supply chain).
- Proven track record of strong, effective leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority.
- Effective time-management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Experienced in presentation abilities, including PowerPoint development. Expected to present to senior and executive leadership routinely.
- High level of critical thinking and analysis to resolve high impact, complex, and/or cross department problems.
- Demonstrated effective negotiation, communication, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of phase-gate product development processes.
- Knowledge of engineering documentation, manufacturing process control, and technical data.
- Working knowledge of MS Project or other project management software.
- Solid understanding of material requirements planning (MRP).
- Knowledge of supply contracts with domestic and international suppliers.
- Project management training (I.E. CAPM or PMP).
Global, purchasing, commodity, strategy, category, buyer, procurement, sourcing, operations, project manager, project lead, engineering
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.