At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Candidates must demonstrate Industrial Construction Management skills capable to review and approve construction schedules, submittals, quotes, plans and civil and mechanical designs. Coordinate multiple contractors and facilitate specifications according to plant needs. Should be able to meet plant requirement and assure production goals are accomplished. Assure contractors deliver facilities with required quality level determined by Mexican and International norms. Follow up with vendors, Industrial parks, and Government offices to assure all permits related with Building and infrastructure is aligned with law. This task will be in constant coordination with our legal department. Estimate costs related to layout design, including equipment and materials, labor, etc. and manages the construction process. Research equipment or fixtures for purchase and gathers data relating to their ability to meet organizational needs. Ensures that established efficiency and safety targets are met. Contributes to complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Oversee & coordinate all facility related contracted services. Provide back-up for Facilities Manager in designated areas of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Project manage new facility installations as turn - key project.
- Administrate, understand, and communicate facility infrastructure needs (immediate and future)
- Coordinate facilities related contracted services.
- Assure all permits and legal requirements are met.
- Assure all internal administrative procedures are met.
- Engage in global strategic facilities planning, expansion analysis, and M& A facility integration (Conduct strategic and financial analysis, Manage construction/renovation projects, Engage in facilities-design planning, Establish and coordinate new contractual relationships and services, Conduct M& A facility integration)
- Coordinate and respond to facility requests and measure customer satisfaction
- Plan, bid, prioritize and manage facility-related capital/expense projects
- Build and maintain relationships with outside facility organizations government and industry groups
- Standard hours are Monday through Friday. This position is on call on a 24/7 basis to ensure continuous operation of facilities and to respond to critical issues. This position may be required to work weekends and holidays to meet business requirements.
- Meet efficiency and safety goals.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Years of experience: 3 – 5 years
- Languages: English (80 % spoken and writing, 100% reading)
- Bachelor’s degree: Civil Engineer or Architectural Degree
- Experience in Construction Processes
- Software skills – Office, Windows, and Auto-cad 2D
- Customer Focus
- Highly oriented to safety
- Conduct with high ethical behavior
- Good Leadership skills
Live the safety as a culture, very engaged to work with safety not only in himself, but this leader must also take care for the technician's safety. Must identify risks before a job is assigned and be able to detect risk situations on all machines and processes on the plant. Customer focus -understand client needs. Must be high energy, able to sustain a high level of productive work for the workday. Must be able to lead, communicate and work well with others. Oriented to results. Embrace SQDC metrics. Conduct with high ethical behavior. Good Leadership skills, able to work under pressure, availability to support after hours when needed. Is very strong in communication with any level, is capable to understand the management decisions, works with confidence with their peers and has the ability to engage their lower-level employees.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.