At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Network Administrator is responsible for the administration, monitoring, and stability of voice, data, video, and wireless network services. This includes LAN’s and WAN’s across the global organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot LAN/WAN equipment at domestic and international locations as well as internet connectivity
- Perform administration, configuration and monitoring of all network equipment including: routers, switches, access points, firewalls, load balancers, and DMVPN appliances
- Perform bandwidth analysis and capacity planning to ensure performance and scalability of the network
- Maintain network documentation
- Provide liaison support for System Administrators, Web, and Application development groups as needed
- Assist the planning and implementation of the overall corporate network infrastructure
- Study vendor products to determine those which best meet the company needs
- Provide recommendations to management resulting in purchases and installation of hardware, software and networking equipment
- Evaluate new products/technologies to determine impact on existing system configurations
- Prepare proposals, cost/benefit analyses and feasibility studies
- Participate in on-call support for all Network and Telecom systems
- Expert ability and understanding of the Cisco IOS and network design
- Design, configure, implement document and maintain Cisco network solutions including Routers, Switches, Access Points, Wireless Controllers and ISE
- Troubleshoot and problem solve within the Cisco environment to ensure highly available systems and expeditious incident resolution
- Perform Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning to minimize work disruption
SKILLS & KNOWLEGE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Information Management or equivalent experience required
- CCNA/CCNP certification or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills in order to effectively interface with all levels of management as well as with Polaris’ vendors
- 2-4 years’ experience in LAN/WAN/Internet infrastructure support
- Strong working knowledge of Cisco networking equipment required, advanced knowledge of Cisco IOS and networking
- Solid understanding of network fundamentals, routing protocols, security, VoIP, and QoS
- Knowledge of Internet firewall devices, security and monitoring utilizing Cisco ASA’s preferred
- Experience with business and functional requirements collection
- Experience with large scale multivendor MPLS and Unified Communications deployments.
- Experience with architecture, design, and implementation of the following technologies: IP, ATM, Frame Relay, Gigabit Ethernet, VoIP, and Wireless-based technology
- Ability to understand enterprise network routing architectures using protocols such as OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, RIP, and static routes
- Strong ability to troubleshoot complex multi-vendor network issues in the LAN and WAN networks
- Knowledge of Quality of Service, IPSec, Multicast
- Excellent organization skills with ability to team with others to develop and implement network services
- Solid analytical skills to troubleshoot high-level, complex and technical problems
- Time management and problem solving skills are essential
- Must have strong work ethic, strive to satisfy customers, and possess ability to operate independently and timely with limited supervision
- Domestic and international travel as required; work will include some nonstandard hours including nights and weekends on occasion, including an on-call rotation
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.