At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As Off-Road Category Sr. Associate Channel Marketing Manager, you will lead the development of short- and long-term dealership retail vision, strategy, tactics, and execution for the Off-Road Vehicles Parts, Garments, and Accessories (PG&A) business. You will play a critical role in the evolution of a retail-focused operating model. Your efforts will help to grow retail sales across PG&A dealer network while partnering with the Off-road wholegood business to integrate PG&A throughout the marketing, and merchandising process. You will work closely with PG&A category teams, field sales team, PG&A Aftermarket brands, and the Off-Road platform teams to bring your strategies to life and execute plans to drive retail performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Retail Strategy & Execution
- Responsible for building and executing industry-leading in-store merchandising plans, and planograms to enhance the Polaris Retail Experience
- Partners with PLSS team to develop Polaris dealer point of purchase displays and marketing support to drive retail
- Creates dealer marketing strategies aligned with the Off-road PG&A operating plan to deliver retail goals, levering in-store marketing plans, merchandising and promotional levers
- Partners with PLSS team to execute promotional strategies in the dealer network
- Based upon dealer marketing plans, drives toward retail sales goals for regions in partnership with PG&A sales team
- Analyzes retail, inventory, and stocking data to understand retail trends and makes dealer/ region specific recommendations based on the data
- Partners with Whole Goods Channel Marketing and Channel Development to develop and execute merchandising, to improve the customer experience
- Execute dealer aftermarket merchandising strategies
- Align with the Off-Road whole goods channel marketing team to integrate PG&A channel marketing strategies into a cohesive message for consumers and dealers
- Tracks competitive intel from dealership perspective, including tracking and reporting of competitor programs and announcements
- Partners with sales to gather competitive and market insights; aggregates and communicates competitive intel to Off-road PGA category team
- Executes on countermeasures to competitor programs and market share position
- Partners with Sales to set and communicate monthly merchandising priorities for field sales
- Provides “voice of the field” input to support Off-road PGA marketing and merchandising strategy
- Creates and initiates dealer communications relative to product-line specific sales matters
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree in business, merchandising, marketing or related field
- 4-6+ years of relevant merchandising and/or marketing experience
- CPG and or category management a plus
- Outstanding organization and collaboration skills required
- In-depth knowledge of dealers and the channel in which they operate
- Commercial awareness, merchandising/planogram experience
- Candidate must be detail-oriented and a creative thinker with strong communication and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and interact with all levels of management
- An understanding, appreciation, and/or passion for powersports and related/similar businesses
- Travel 20%
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.