At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Sr. Compensation Analyst plays a key role in carrying out the strategy and vision of Polaris’ compensation philosophy, and supporting our evolving business needs. Responsibilities include design, consultation and administration of broad-based compensation programs for US and international locations. The position supports Polaris’ annual compensation processes including compensation planning and market pricing, in addition to special projects throughout the year.
This role provides global support, guidance and analytics on total compensation packages that help Polaris attract, retain, motivate and reward the talent needed to carry out its strategic agenda. By staying apprised of new and evolving total rewards and compensation market trends, the Sr. Compensation Analyst develops viable solutions for Polaris to remain competitive and compliant in all pay practices.
- Establish relationships within HR & the business and leverage resources to develop and implement practical compensation solutions aligned to the strategic priorities of the business, as well as provide consultation on industry best practices
- Monitor trends in the competitive market and ensure both design and pay level opportunities allow the attraction and retention of high performers/key talent
- Provide advice and support to HR Business Partners on questions of policy and interpretation of plans
- Maintain strong pulse check on client groups’ needs, anticipate issues and provide suggestions proactively
Support annual compensation processes::
- Support the execution of annual compensation planning (merit, bonus and equity) and market pricing processes
- Support compensation planning and market pricing system set up, testing, training, and communications
- Contribute to compensation dashboard development, automation and process improvements to provide accurate information to stakeholders in a timely and efficient manner
- Collaborate with the HRIS team on systems, requirements, tools and reports
Governance of compensation plans:
- Monitor compensation plans, including governance and market competitiveness
- Conduct regular reviews to ensure plan outcomes are as intended in the design and that plans remain in line with business strategy, compensation philosophy and legal requirements
- Collaborate with local teams on international compensation and benefits, stay abreast of various developments including pay equity and statutory requirements in the various jurisdictions
Special Projects as assigned:
- Global, cross-functional, rewards and HR related projects that are broad in scope and may require learning-on-the-fly
- B.A. /B.S. in Human Resources, Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Accounting, etc. required.
- Certificate from WorldatWork in Global Remuneration Professional, Executive Compensation, Benefits, Compensation a plus
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 5+ years of progressive compensation experience in rapidly changing environments.
- International experience a plus
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills and preparation of executive-ready presentation materials
- Strong consultative skills in developing innovative or customized solutions in dynamic settings
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to build solid relationships
- Ability to understand issues with empathy and communicate solutions with clarity
- Solid project management experience
- Continuous improvement mindset with a track record in process enhancement
- Highly organized, takes initiative and able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to see the big picture and ensure close attention to detail and relentless focus on accuracy
- Acting with a sense of urgency and timeliness; passionate about setting high quality standards
- Advanced proficiency of Excel, Power Point, Word required
- Experience working with Human Resources Management Systems; Workday a plus
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.