At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris is working to build capabilities in Systems Engineering to support the new product development of complex vehicles and subsystems. This position will be tasked with aiding the evolution of Systems Engineering within the Motorcycle organization by utilizing tools and best practices to establish requirements, define interfaces, and run completeness checks throughout a vehicle platform.
- Work closely with Vehicle System and Attribute Architects to translate customer needs into vehicle system architecture definition and documentation.
- Support definition, decomposition, and documentation of requirements by planning from system to subsystem to component while leveraging cross-functional team inputs.
- Identify conflicting requirements and drive resolution. Support the execution of necessary trade-off studies throughout vehicle systems and sub-systems.
- Develop interface definitions with N^2 interface diagrams. Manage key program interfaces through clear documentation and communication with interface owners.
- Lead completeness checks on requirements. Support the team in managing requirements, including interfaces by leveraging and building upon our requirements management toolsets.
- Ensure performance attributes and vehicle functional requirements are being managed effectively by cross functional project teams.
- Validate the effectiveness of requirements. Ensure requirements have been achieved by supporting the execution of vehicle-level system engineering evaluation activities.
- Be a champion of Systems Engineering and a subject matter resource for project teams.
- Provide technical guidance to Project Engineer and/or Design Engineers as needed.
- Develop processes/standards for continuous improvement as needed.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. Engineering Degree required.
- 2 years’ minimum previous experience in consumer product engineering preferred. Title will commensurate to years of experience.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects
- Skilled in multitasking and executing many tasks at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Creative and innovative
- Decisive and prone to action – self starter
- Experience with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Creo, Windchill, and PRS are a plus
- Minimal travel will be required with this role.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.