At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Platform Product Owner
Location: US Remote
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris, a global powersports leader, is looking for a Platform Product Owner.
This position is focused on leading and guiding our middleware software development team to build and maintain a platform with high levels of efficiency and quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in feature scoping and definition
- Execute Scrum Agile as Product Owner within a tailored SAFe process
- Responsible for defining and sizing work items with help from the engineering team
- Coordinates build dates and feature content with program managers
- Oversee development team daily standup
- Facilitates backlog planning sessions
- Removes roadblocks from team members by working across the organization
- Work with stakeholders outside of Platform and Services team to understand and document requirements
- Assist in interviews and hiring to grow a world-class software development team
- Lead project execution and status meetings that give stakeholders visibility on progress
- Contribute to platform architecture initiatives
- Coordinate the low-level and high-level estimates and task breakdown process with the team
- Update Jira tickets and corresponding Confluence pages that document the work performed
- Work on multiple products being delivered simultaneously
- Have a customer-focused mindset for delivering a product that is centered around a great customer experience
- Constantly look for ways to increase the team's velocity/productivity by eliminating waste
- Help build and maintain high team morale
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Willing to work with flexible hours when needed for global collaboration
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills with minimal supervision
- Familiar with using Agile software development approaches
- MS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years software development experience with embedded firmware systems, preferably In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) products
- Software programming experience
- Experience with SAFe Agile methodology
- Experience with connected vehicle use cases and technology
- Certified Product Owner
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.