At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris Technical Service Representatives (TSRs) are responsible for delivering an industry-leading service experience to Polaris dealers and customers through technical problem resolution, product and technical training, and by representing the voice of the dealer service department and technician to field and internal departments.
TSRs must build healthy service relationships with our dealer partners, establish trust and confidence, and effectively engage dealer partners with service initiatives that are critical to the customer experience and/or dealer service profitability. This leadership role requires cross-functional partnership across Owner Connections, Dealer Services, Post Sales Surveillance, Engineering, Field Sales, and a territory of dealers to understand and drive timely field resolution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Assist dealers in vehicle diagnostic, troubleshooting, and repair using phone, case and live video support.
- Mitigate dealer and owner disloyalty by executing on the service fundamentals to deliver an industry leading service experience that drives brand loyalty and owner retention.
- Provide case support for vehicle diagnostics and warranty authorizations, including but not limited to determining root cause, warranty eligibility, component coverage and labor accuracy.
- Monitor and manage an assigned group of dealers to identify and drive resolution on complex, escalated or stagnant contacts.
- Proactively engage dealers through phone or live video conferencing to expedite vehicle diagnostics and repair, and reduce overall vehicle down time.
- Manage all escalations for assigned dealers to quickly and effectively resolve presented field concerns by considering all viewpoints, identify remedies and overcoming objections.
- Make financial and business decisions that enhance brand loyalty and deliver world class customer service for Polaris based on dealer information, related experience and critical judgement.
- Conduct in-person dealer visits as needed to resolve technical vehicle concerns, perform dealer audits, and offer coaching on Industry best practices to help guide dealers in their day to day operations.
- Participate in the exclusive Polaris online technical forum by providing guidance and new learnings to build upon the technical knowledge base of our products and our future.
- Provide internal support to Dealer Support, Warranty, Owner Connections, and Engineering.
- Assist Owner Connections by working directly with end users on case resolution as necessary.
- Maintain effective communication, partnership & alignment with Sales Team personnel to identify and resolve service related concerns and escalations.
- Assist in the development, review and feedback for technical service manuals, videos, team tip articles, service advisories, bulletins, and repair procedures with photo research, diagnostic testing, and repair procedures.
- Assist with specific model service manuals, photo research, diagnostic, repair, and testing procedures.
- Conducts flat rate time studies and review for warranty flat rate manuals and EVAP components list for product certification approvals.
- Identify and report on all potential safety concerns by gathering and presenting information for investigation
- Support internal Legal requests with timely case review and providing a technical understanding of the situation to drive recommendation and carry out next steps.
- Participate in technical service team initiatives, problem solving and continuous improvement efforts
- Leads projects and cross functional teams as needed
- Strong mechanical aptitude in powersports and/or automotive
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to work under pressure individually or in a team environment
- Strong ability to methodically evaluate complex problems and provide recommendations for resolution
- Excellent leadership skills and tract record with ability and desire to take on a larger leadership role in the future
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, SharePoint, and typing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate thoughts, ideas and technical terminology.
- Strongly Preferred - Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Industrial Science or related field desired
- Three to five years of dealer or customer service experience
- Powersports Industry Knowledge
- Polaris product knowledge
- An understanding, appreciation and passion for Polaris products
- Standard office and shop environment – fast-paced
- Some vehicle repair work and travel required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.