At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris is seeking a Diagnostic Systems Engineer to join a dynamic and fast paced team. Partial remote work options can be discussed.
This position will design, implement, and test software, and infrastructure used by Polaris dealers, manufacturing plants, customers, and engineering teams for performing diagnostics, Electronic Control Unit (ECU) reflash, and vehicle/component configuration on all Polaris products.
To be successful in this role, individual must be self-driven with a passion to learn and adapt in a fast paced environment. Individual should be able to demonstrate the ability and drive to learn new technologies quickly and efficiently.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Design, implement, and test the diagnostic tool ensuring that all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved. Hold peer group reviews, as appropriate.
- Develop new product features, innovative approaches, breakthrough technologies, and improved processes. Perform benchmarking activities establishing industry best practices and drive roadmaps for the next generation of Polaris diagnostic tools.
- Lead technical discussions with electrical, powertrain, and system engineers during product development to ensure all vehicle functions, diagnostics, and communications are compatible with diagnostic tools.
- Collaborate with Polaris Information Services (I.S). and engineering teams to develop and maintain vehicle database infrastructures and full stack web applications.
- Develop validation activities and processes for the diagnostic tool.
- Work with cross functional teams to bridge the gap between Engineering, Service, Manufacturing, and I.S. Communicate technical challenges and propose alternate approaches when necessary.
- Serve as a key technical point of contact at Polaris for the diagnostic tool external software vendor. Manage communication between vendor and Polaris of requirements, technical Q&A, test plans, test results, and tracking of each.
- Other duties as required
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- B.S. Engineering required, preferably in Electrical, Computer, or Software Engineering.
- 2+ years of professional experience with previous industry experience as a full-time or contract employee required.
- Experience with vehicle CAN communication networks, J1939 and UDS protocols preferred.
- Insight into central controller platform development process and teams. Experience in the development of vehicle electronic control architectures.
- Experience using tools such as CANalyzer, CANoe, CANOpen, Vehicle Spy, and others.
- Experience in Web (HTML, JS, MVC), C# (.NET), Python, Unit Testing, SQL , JSON.
- Experience with Repository and Build tools (e.g., Git, DevOps).
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.