At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
TITLE: Data Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Global Engineering Operations (GEOps)
REPORTS TO: Bangalore GEOps Manager & Engineering Applications Manager
The Business Analyst will support analytics insights and reporting efforts for Global Engineering Operations at Polaris. The expectation is to go beyond traditional analytics reporting and provide/present actionable insights, and to facilitate change and improve the business. Key responsibilities include ongoing delivery of reporting and insights, problem-solving and analysis, and supporting Lead Analysts and the BI team to deliver solutions that improve business performance. Work and collaborate cross-functionally with the GEOps BI team (includes taking direction from and working in partnership with Lead Data Analysts), business stakeholders and leads, the Digital & IT / Data Science team, and the peer Data Analyst network across the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support process improvements or automation for the Engineering Operations PowerBI dashboard suite and other analytics solutions – from creation and deployment to implementation of automated maintenance, and delivery of ongoing improvements and enhancements.
- Support a data-driven plan to measure and improve Global Engineering Operations analytics maturity spanning product development and management data, part and BOM data, project financials and planning data, validation data, and new data needs as the business evolves (e.g., Program Health, Predictive Modeling, Quality, Resource Management, etc.).
- Perform day-to-day platform operations activities for Snowflake, Alteryx, and PowerBI.
- Execute ongoing controls to ensure data security and integrity.
- Execute ongoing controls to minimize technical risk and eliminate manual data maintenance.
- Perform data cataloging efforts to support enterprise analytics documentation.
- Support ongoing and ad-hoc analytic requests, providing accurate and timely data, analysis, and insightful interpretations to provide value-add solutions to internal customers.
- Explore, extract, cleanse and combine data from multiple sources and systems – independently grow understanding of the business context.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to gather requirements, design and execute a solution end to end.
- Design and develop new dashboards and reports in PowerBI to facilitate storytelling and promote design thinking in the development process.
- Build and publish visualizations supporting measurement of outcomes related to the analytical projects.
- Demonstrate passion for learning and implementing new BI and AI technologies and share knowledge with peers, the BI team, and GEOps internal customers.
Support Lead Data Analysts to execute the following essential work, and other duties as assigned:
- Support IT and project Data Engineers to analyze, design, build, query, troubleshoot and maintain data pipelines.
- Ability to effectively foster business relationships across teams (e.g., business teams, interactive group, project management, business intelligence, etc.) and develop a good view of how the business operates so that analytical results can be framed in a business context.
- Collaborate with the broader analytics community to grow knowledge and skills and assist in troubleshooting issues with self-service tools.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
Required technical skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Computing and Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years of work experience in an analytics, data integration and visualization-focused role.
- 2+ years of experience with data mining/visualization/predictive modeling tools: SQL, PowerBI, Alteryx, Snowflake, SSMS, etc.
- 2+ years of experience interfacing directly with business users of analytics platforms.
- 1+ years of experience in languages like SQL, Python, Scala.
- 1+ years of experience with data preparation, visualization, and processing from a diverse set of data sources.
- Experience with data documentation/cataloging tools and strategies.
- Knowledge of data engineering principles and best practices.
- Experience performing root cause analysis and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications.
Preferred technical skills and experience:
- Developing in the Microsoft stack (SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS).
- Knowledge of statistical methods and predictive/analytical modeling techniques and practices.
Required interpersonal skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with team members and work cross functionally with the larger organization – proficient in English.
- Able to work independently and as an active member of a team.
- Naturally curious problem solver with experience working in an Agile environment.
- Creative, innovative, decisive, and prone to action. Quality and customer focused.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills with minimal supervision.
- Flexible hours required to participate in meetings with global team.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.