At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
TITLE: Design Engineer
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
Responsible for leading the design process of On-Road related components and systems from concept to production. The design engineer will support new product development (NPD) by executing the product plan and provide advanced technical solutions to meet the consumer’s needs. This role will focus heavily on vehicle design and integration for one or more of the following systems: bodywork (Interior and exterior), suspension, enclosures, doors, interior storage, and latching. Daily design work comprised of 3D Modeling with complex surfacing techniques, 2D Drawings, tolerance stack analysis, and implementing failure mode strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will be responsible for different phases in design process from Pre-scope activities to Product launch.
- Working from dimensional concept to new concept generation based on engineering design requirement.
- Creating 3D-CAD Design of products, parts, assemblies and subassemblies including detailed drafting, dimensioning and tolerancing. Product design based on DFM and DFA principals.
- Responsible for engineering calculations for basic stress and strength calculations, 3D Simulation for various components. Tolerance stack-up Analysis and GD&T.
- Experience of key Designing areas i.e. Brakes Design, Steering Design, component Design, transmission, Structural Design, Chassis Design.
- Identifying early potential failure modes for a product by using DFMEA tool IQRM to assess the risk associated with those failure modes, to rank the issues in terms of importance and to identify carry out corrective actions to address the most serious concerns and Preventing design process mistakes.
- Responsible for Project management activities including DMU, BOM management, EDN, ECN, Design freeze/release in PLM Team Center.
- Working closely with CAE team towards design optimization.
- Closely worked with Lead Engineer, developing the System requirements into proven functions with the right quality within minimum time and with cost effective solutions.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- 5+ years of experience on motorcycle or automotive design preferred.
- Experience with a 3D CAD modeling package required, CREO preferred.
- Design and development experience required.
- GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-up and engineering standards experience preferred.
- Creative, innovative, decisive and prone to action.
- Quality and customer focused.
- Possess and apply a broad knowledge of principals, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects.
- Superior technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic experience and broad practical experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
- Position located in Bangalore, India. Dynamic fast-paced team environment.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.