Application Support AnalystBangalore
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Application Support Analyst
As an Applications Support Analyst with Polaris, your job will be to offer outstanding customer support for our Dealer, Sales and Ordering, Warranty, and Shipping/Logistics business applications. In this position, you will gain a deep understanding of both the applications you support, and the technologies used to bring our applications to life. You will handle complex tickets and emails, respond to customer problems in a concise and timely manner and find appropriate solutions. Your responsibilities will include reviewing outstanding issues, resolving issues, and completing appropriate hand-offs while ensuring excellent communication and service quality.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
System and User Support
- Help resolve software and technical questions for the customer efficiently and effectively
- Gather the required information necessary to best handle customer software and technical inquiries
- Manage customer expectations regarding estimated response times for issue resolution
- Collaborate with Technical Support team members to properly manage customer inquiries and escalate when appropriate
- Learn the fundamentals of the supported business areas
- Partner with Technical Support team members on various strategic projects when needed
- Own customer technical issues from initial report to resolution, communicating with customers regularly regarding issue status
- Monitor and recommend improvements on existing business applications based on data collected from support services
- Train users on system processes and changes
- Perform other duties as assigned that support overall objective of the position; Translate business issues into technology requirements
- Promote new service offerings such as Training, self-service knowledge bases, SME networks to client groups
Skills, Knowledge & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Software Design, Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a general IT environment, with 1+ years' experience supporting applications on the IBMi platform for custom applications and ERP systems, web-based applications, and CRM.
- 1+ years’ experience in a Service Desk / Customer Service environment
- Proven complex problem solving / management skills and a strong eye for detail
- Able to work effectively under pressure and frequently changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English
- Logical and able to think outside the box
- Experience working within an on-shore / off-shore support environment
- Excellent interpersonal relationship/teamwork skills
- Ability to build strong relationships in a multi-cultural environment across all levels within IT
- Logical and able to think outside the box
- A proactive individual showing eagerness to learn and a strong sense of ownership
- Flexible, co-operative, and resilient
- Exhibit leadership behavior which supports the business and technology goals through creative thinking and strong problem management
- Previous experience in high availability/mission-critical application support
- Experience with sales, ordering, warranty, and supply chain business processes
- Experience with packaged software and custom software development (Infor XA/MAPICS, Red Prairie WMS, JDA, ASI, and Dynamics AX and CRM)
- Strong knowledge of ITIL practices in Incident, Change, and Problem management.
- Experience using ServiceNow or other similar issue tracking system
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.