Required Tools and Supplies
- 8mm Socket
- 10mm Socket
- 15mm Socket
- 4mm Allen Socket
- T40 TORX®
- Torque Wrench
- Rubber Mallet
- Eye Protection
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your snowmobile.
To build the Adventure Trailer kit (part number 2890066) for your Polaris Snowmobile, follow these steps:
1. Attach the two torsion springs to the bottom of the support base using twelve screws with a 15mm socket. Torque to 40 ft-lbs (55 Nm).
2. Put the main base tube through the middle opening of the support base, and move the base to the desired position on the main base tube. The support base will not be attached.
3. Attach the taillight to the bumper/taillight bracket using two screws and two nuts with an 8mm socket and 4mm Allen socket. Torque to 40 in-lbs (4.5 Nm).
4. Install the bumper caps into the open ends of the bumper assembly.
5. Install the electrical wiring support screw and nut.
6. Put one vertical support base in line with the two holes at the rear of the main base tube. The torsion springs should be on the bottom.
7. Put the bumper/taillight assembly on top of the vertical support base and attach them both to the frame with two screws and two nuts. Torque to 106 in-lbs (12 Nm).
8. Connect the trailer harness connector to the taillight.
9. Attach the pintle to the hitch using a screw and a nut. Torque to 177 ft-lbs (240 Nm).
10. Connect the two-pin male connector to the taillight jumper harness.
11. Attach the hitch assembly to the main base tube using two screws and two nuts with a 10mm socket. Torque to 106 in-lbs (12 Nm).
12. Attach the remaining vertical support base to the front of the main base tube using two screws and two nuts with a 10mm socket. Torque to 106 in-lbs (12 Nm). Position the base accordingly to the size of your tub. Multiple positions are available.
13. Install the vertical supports to the front and rear of the trailer using four screws and four nuts. Hand tighten the nuts so the mount is immobile.
14. Put the arm on the ski stopper block and make sure the bushings are in line with the holes on the ski assembly. Repeat on the other ski.
15. Attach the arm to the ski assembly using a screw, two washers and a nut. Torque to 40 ft-lbs (55 Nm).
16. Attach the ski assemblies to the torsion springs using a screw. Torque to 40 ft-lbs (55 Nm). Note: Make sure that the notch in the trailer axle is positioned upright to allow the screw to pass through.
17. Attach the two red reflectors to the main support base and rear vertical mount.
18. To install the Otter® tub (part number 2890659/2890660/2890661), rest the tub on the vertical mounts and adjust the height as needed. Torque to 106 in-lbs (12 Nm). Note: The center of the tub needs to match the center of the vertical mount.
19. Attach the tub to the vertical mounts using two screws and two washers. Torque to 22 ft-lbs (30 Nm).
20. Center the support base on the bottom of the tub and attach using two screws and two nuts. Torque to 106 in-lbs (12 Nm). Note: Position the base according to the size of the tub.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
Otter® is a registered trademark of Otter Outdoors, LLC
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.