Before you ride your Polaris 120 INDY, perform the pre-ride inspection as described in your Owner’s Manual.
Warning: Read, understand and follow all of the instructions, warnings and safety precautions in the Owner’s Manual and on all product labels. Failure to follow these instructions, warnings and safety precautions could result in serious injury or death. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your snowmobile.
When performing your pre-ride inspection, do the following:
1. Visually inspect the vehicle, looking for debris, leaks and worn components that may impair the vehicle’s operation.
2. Disconnect the safety tether and open the hood by releasing the rubber strap on each side and lifting up.
3. Wipe the area around the dipstick. Remove, wipe clean, and reinstall without threading it in. Remove the dipstick again and check the oil level. Add oil as needed.
4. Close the hood, secure the rubber straps and reinstall the safety tether.
5. Move to the front suspension and inspect for fastener tightness on the shock assembly, control arms, tie rods and spindle.
6. Then inspect for leaks and damage.
7. Inspect the skis for any damage or wear, and replace if necessary.
8. Next, safely elevate the rear of the snowmobile per the Owner’s Manual guidelines to inspect the rear suspension.
9. Inspect the limiter straps for wear or damage and replace if necessary.
10. Continue by inspecting the rail slides for wear. Replace if worn to the wear limit indicator groove.
11. Measure the track tension per the Owner's Manual guidelines and adjust as necessary. Notice: Tension adjustments should only be made after the track has been warmed up.
12. Next, inspect the track for proper alignment by looking through the track windows in the rear. Ensure they are evenly spaced apart and adjust as necessary.
13. Continue by inspecting the rear idler wheel bolt and adjusting bolt locknuts for tightness.
14. Safely lower the vehicle to the ground after completing the rear suspension inspection.
15. Check the seat latches and ensure they are latched tightly.
16. Next, ensure smooth operation of the steering system by turning the skis from full left to full right.
17. Then slowly pull the recoil rope out and inspect the handle and rope for any excessive wear.
18. Operate the brake and throttle levers, taking note of any binding or sticking.
19. Start the engine and inspect the headlight and taillight for proper operation.
20. Push the engine stop switch to stop the engine and ensure it does not restart.
21. Restart the engine and ensure the engine turns off when the safety tether is pulled off.
22. Finish the inspection by ensuring there is enough fuel for your trip.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. To find a dealer near you, use the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.