Required Tools and Supplies
- T25 TORX® Socket
- T30 TORX® Socket
- T40 TORX® Socket
- 3mm Allen Socket
- 8mm Wrench
- 10mm Socket
- 1 1/2 Inch (38mm) Hole Saw
- Side Cutter Pliers
- Torque Wrench
- 3/8-Inch Drill Bit (9mm)
- 1/4-Inch Drill Bit (6mm)
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
For more information on tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when installing accessories on your Polaris RZR.
If your RZR was not equipped with speakers, install the Audio Roof Kit by Rockford Fosgate® is part number 2889710.
If your RZR was equipped with speakers, install the Audio Roof Kit by Rockford Fosgate® is part number 2889711. This kit requires the additional installation of the amp upgrade kit (part number 2884908) if your vehicle is not equipped with RIDE COMMAND. If your vehicle is equipped with RIDE COMMAND, you need to first perform the 2020+ RZR Pro XP and 2022+ Turbo R Audio Roof Kit DSP Module Installation to allow the new roof speakers to communicate with the RIDE COMMAND unit.
Both kits require the pre-installation of the Dual Battery Kit (part number 2884347) to support the vehicle's power needs.
Note: The Polaris Audio Roof can affect vehicle handling due to added weight mounted to the top of the vehicle. Take extra precautions, such as slower speeds, increased stopping distance and care taken on inclines when driving with added accessory weight. Failure to observe these precautions may result in vehicle rollover, injury or death. Always check the fitment of accessories before purchasing the kit.
To install the Audio Roof Kit by Rockford Fosgate® on your 2-seat RZR Pro XP or RZR Turbo R, follow these steps:
1. Start by parking the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure the vehicle is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Remove any existing roof accessories.
3. If not already installed, install the Dual Battery Kit (part number 2884347).
4. Remove both seats. Pull up on the levers, tilt seat forward and pull back slightly to disengage, then lift seat up and remove.
5. Loosen the negative battery cable fastener from both batteries with a 10mm socket to prevent arcing and set the cables aside.
6. Turn the four knobs one quarter turn counterclockwise. Remove top close-off panel.
7. Remove the two screws from each side of the center console with a T40 TORX® socket.
8. Open the storage compartment and turn two knobs one quarter turn to release the storage compartment. Lift storage compartment up and set aside.
9. Turn two knobs one quarter turn counterclockwise and remove the lower close-off panel.
10. To begin the audio roof install, start with two nuts and two flat washers on studs at the rear of the roof.
11. Install U-Nuts on ROPS gussets. Tighten by hand.
12. With aid from a second person, place roof on the vehicle.
13. Begin to install the roof hardware by installing two tall top hat spacers in front roof holes.
14. Install two short top hat spacers in rear roof holes.
15. Loosely install four roof screws by screwing threads into U-Nuts on ROPS gussets with a T30 TORX® socket.
16. Move brackets into position at the rear of the roof. Tip: Be careful to not peel adhesive foam from brackets while moving brackets into place.
17. Tighten the nut after the lower holes are lined up with an 8mm wrench.
18. Install four screws to assemble brackets to the roof.
19. Tighten the bracket screws to 75 in-lbs (8.5 Nm), and tighten the nuts to 119 in-lbs (13.5 Nm).
20. Torque roof screws to 20 ft-lbs (27.5 Nm).
21. To begin the main harness install, start by attaching the main harness to the ROPS behind driver’s side door with a 3mm Allen socket. Use the three wire clamps. Note: Keep all cable ties and clamps loose until harness is fully routed and connected to the battery. Do not apply too much pressure to clamps when opening during install.
22. Drill three holes in the left close off panel on ROPS with a 1/4-inch (6mm) drill bit. Insert push-pin cable ties into holes and attach harness to the panel. Tip: Be sure to control drill depth. Make sure drill is clear of all other parts and components to prevent damage to the vehicle.
23. Drill a hole for the uppermost cable tie with a 1/4-inch (6mm) drill bit. Drill one hole, 1 and 3/8 inch and the second hole, drill at 1/2 inch.
24. Insert push-pin cable tie into hole, and attach harness to the panel.
25. Cut a hole in the rear of the battery box with a 1 1/2-inch (38mm) hole saw. Tip: Control the saw depth. Make sure hole saw is clear of all other parts and components to prevent damage to vehicle.
26. Route the harness through the hole and install the grommet.
27. Install the fuse into the fuse holder.
28. Connect the harness to the front battery. The lead, with fuse block, connects to the positive battery terminal.
29. Tighten all clamps and cable ties along the harness routing.
30. Route the remaining wires from the harness through the grommet at the rear right corner of battery compartment.
31. Locate the power point inside the center console storage area. Disconnect the orange wire from the power point.
32. Connect the red wire from the auxiliary harness to the power point. Connect the orange wire to the remaining wire on the accessory harness. Finish by replacing the console pocket and close the center console.
33. Begin to reassemble the lower close off panel by turning the two knobs one-quarter turn clockwise to lock the panel into place.
34. Seat the storage compartment and turn the two knobs one-quarter turn clockwise to lock storage compartment into place.
35. Close the storage compartment and install two screws on each side of the center console.
36. Install the top close off panel and turn the four knobs one-quarter turn clockwise to lock the panel into place.
37. Reconnect both negative battery cables.
38. Reinstall the passenger seat by aligning the front tabs under the retainer bar and pressing down in the rear to engage the latch. Repeat on the driver’s seat.
39. Insert ignition key and power up to test your new system for lights, sound and power. Note: Roofs with a DSP Module should connect to the RF Connect App to tune the roof to the factory in-dash audio.
View the full line of Polaris audio options or visit your local Polaris Dealer for more information.
Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
Rockford Fosgate® is a registered trademark of Rockford Corporation
TORX® is a registered trademark of Acument Intellectual Properties, LLC
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.