Required Tools and Supplies
- 8mm Allen Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Demand Drive Fluid
- Drain Pan
- Fluid Filler
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Rags
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide.
For optimal performance, always use Polaris-recommended fluids as described in your Owner's Manual. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RANGER.
To change the front gearcase fluid on your RANGER XP Kinetic, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface, ensure it is in PARK and remove the key.
2. Place a drain pan underneath the front gearcase drain plug. Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
3. Before removing, clean the area around the fill plug in the passenger’s side front wheel well.
4. Using an 8mm Allen socket, remove the front gearcase fill plug and set aside.
5. Move underneath the vehicle and locate the drain plug through the hole in the skid plate.
6. Continue by cleaning the area around the drain plug.
7. Using an 8mm Allen socket, remove the drain plug and allow the fluid to drain completely.
8. Before reinstalling, clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
9. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
10. Reinstall the drain plug and torque to 11 ft-lbs (15 Nm).
11. Fill the gearcase through the fill plug hole until fluid reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. Do NOT overfill. The capacity of standard models is 6.8 fl oz (200 mL). The recommended fluid is Polaris All-Terrain Demand Drive Fluid, part number 2877922.
12. Reinstall the gearcase fill plug and torque to 8-10 ft-lbs (11-13.6 Nm).
13. Clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
14. Dispose of the used fluid properly at your local recycling center.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2023 Polaris Industries Inc.