Required Tools and Supplies
- 8mm Allen Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Shop Rags
- Drain Pan
- Fluid Filler
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Demand Drive Fluid
For optimal performance, always use Polaris-recommended fluids as described in your Owner's Manual. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris RZR.
To change the front gearcase fluid on your 2018 to 2022 RZR RS1, follow these steps:
1. Park the vehicle on a flat, level surface and ensure it is in PARK.
2. Place a drain pan underneath the front gearcase. Placing a rag in the bottom of the drain pan will help prevent the splashing of fluid.
3. Before removing, clean the area around the fill plug in the right front wheel well.
4. Remove the front gearcase fill plug with an 8mm Allen socket and set aside.
5. Locate the drain plug access in the skid plate and wipe away any dirt or debris.
6. Remove the drain plug with an 8mm Allen socket and allow the fluid to drain completely.
7. Before reinstalling, clean any dirt or debris from the fill and drain plugs.
8. Inspect the O-rings on both plugs and replace if necessary.
9. Reinstall the drain plug and torque to 10 ft-lbs (14 Nm).
10. Fill the gearcase through the fill plug hole until it reaches the bottom threads and begins to spill out. The required fluid is Demand Drive Fluid, part number 2877922.
11. Reinstall the gearcase fill plug and torque to 10 ft-lbs (14 Nm).
12. Before continuing, clean any residual fluid off the vehicle and inspect for leaks.
13. Dispose of the used fluid properly at your local recycling center.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Industries Inc.