Required Tools and Supplies
- 5mm Allen Socket
- 14mm Socket
- 15mm Socket
- 16mm Socket
- 17mm Socket
- 1 1/16” Socket
- 14mm Crow Foot
- 14mm Wrench
- 15mm Wrench
- 16mm Wrench
- 17mm Socket
- Torque Wrench
- Breaker Bar
- Flat-Head Screwdriver
- Wire Hanger, Rope, or Retention Strap
- Upper Bearing Carrier Lock Nut
- Rear Upper A-Arm Lock Nuts
- Safety Glasses
- Nitrile Gloves
- Shop Towels
To learn more about tools, read the Tools and Fasteners Guide. Always wear safety glasses and nitrile gloves when servicing your Polaris ATV.
To remove and install the Rear Upper A-Arm on your Sportsman 450 and 570, follow these steps:
Note: Before performing this procedure the half shaft must be removed. Read 2021+ Sportsman 450 and Sportsman 570 Rear Half Shaft Removal and Installation for instructions.
1. After removing the half shaft continue by removing the upper sway bar link fastener and bushing, using a 14mm socket and 16mm wrench. Discard the fastener.
2. Remove and retain the upper A-arm fasteners, washers and nuts on each A-arm weld, using a 15mm socket and wrench. Discard the nuts.
3. Continue by removing the A-arm and sway bar link from the vehicle.
4. If reusing the A-arm, examine the bushings on each end and replace if worn.
5. Replacing the A-arm will also require the sway bar link to be transferred over to the new arm.
6. Remove the lower sway bar link fastener, bushings and link from the A-arm, using a 14mm socket and 16mm wrench. Discard the fastener.
7. Inspect the bushings for any cracking, damage or wear and replace if necessary.
8. Insert the lower bushing onto the fastener.
9. Align with the mounting hole on the A-arm and secure with the other bushing and sway bar link.
10. Align the A-arm with the mounting holes on the A-arm welds.
11. Reinstall the fasteners from the inside and install the washers and new nuts.
12. Torque the A-Arm mounting fasteners to 44 ft-lbs (60 Nm).
13. Secure the link to the sway bar with the upper and lower bushings and new fastener.
14. Torque the sway bar link fasteners to 30 ft-lbs (40 Nm).
15. Read 2021+ Sportsman 450 and Sportsman 570 Rear Half Shaft Removal and Installation to finish reassembly and safely lower the vehicle.
For more information, see your authorized Polaris Dealer. Find a dealer near you with the Dealer Locator.
Maintenance tips, procedures and specifications can be found in your Owner's Manual.
To find diagrams and replacement part numbers, use the online parts catalog.
YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google LLC
Unless noted, trademarks are the property of Polaris Industries, Inc.
© 2022 Polaris Inc.