Polaris Pro Racers Dominate Stock Classes at Afton Hillclimb>
Minneapolis, MN (February 23, 2017) – Hillclimbers on Polaris AXYS® RMK® snowmobiles won three King of the Hill titles, Queen of the Hill and eight Pro classes – including all four Stock classes – at the RMSHA’s Afton, Wyo., Hillclimb on Feb. 18-19. Polaris Hillclimbers earned 20 Pro podium spots, led by Erin Beukelman, who had three podium finishes and won 1000 Improved Stock and Improved Stock King of the Hill. Polaris dominated the Stock classes, claiming all 15 spots in the 600 Stock final and first through seventh in 700 Stock. Polaris wins for the weekend also included:
- Keith Curtis won 600 Stock, 1000 Stock and the Stock King of the Hill title.
- Shelley Heap took the Women’s Stock and Women’s 600 Stock classes as well as claiming the Women’s Queen of the Hill title.
- Luke Rainey won the 800 Stock and 800 Improved Stock classes. He also won the Snow Bikes class on a bike with a Polaris Timbersled conversion system.
- Toby Shepherd took the 700 Stock class and had three podium finishes.
- Brandon Titensor won 600 Improved Stock.
- Andy Thomas won the 700 Mod class.
- Polaris Racer Bart Butcher took top honors in the Pro Seniors Mod and was second in Pro Seniors Stock.
- Sam Peterson won the Semi-Pro Mod class before winning Semi-Pro King of the Hill.
The next RMSHA event is the Cherry Peak Resort Hillclimb, March 10-11, in Logan, Utah.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2016 sales of $4.5 billion, Polaris’ innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets globally include military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.