At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris Packaging seeks a dynamic Packaging Engineer to enhance our operations with innovative, cost-efficient, and sustainable solutions. Ensure safety, maintain the highest quality, and optimize efficiency as a key player in our team's success.
- Engineer and implement state-of-the-art packaging designs that support the company’s strategic goals and product excellence.
- Develop and enforce stringent testing protocols to maintain packaging integrity and compliance with all safety and quality guidelines.
- Manage and nurture relationships with external suppliers and contractors, ensuring adherence to project specifications, timelines, and budgetary allocations.
- Direct project budget development, ensuring financial prudence and targeted return on investment.
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration to ensure seamless integration of packaging initiatives with broader company objectives.
- Identify and execute cost-reduction strategies without compromising product quality or performance.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Manufacturing departments to optimize material flow and efficiency.
- Maintain proactive communication to mitigate risks and spearhead preemptive solutions to emerging challenges.
- Evaluate and select suppliers for packaging materials, driving supply chain optimization in collaboration with Purchasing, Logistics, and Materials departments.
- Provide insight into packaging technology advancements, promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Implement corrective action plans with service providers to address and resolve packaging-related issues.
- Promote sustainable practices through the implementation of returnable packaging systems.
- Assess new product designs, advising on tailored packaging strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering or a related discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in Packaging Engineering, preferably within the automotive or industrial sectors.
- Extensive knowledge of various packaging materials, compatibility issues, and the latest packaging technologies.
- Proficient in standardized control procedures, including Change Management processes and SOPs.
- Advanced proficiency in SolidWorks and Microsoft Excel, along with the capability to quickly adapt to new software platforms.
- A demonstrable history of successful project management.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence and drive team efforts across different departments.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey technical information clearly and persuasively.
- A strategic thinker with excellent problem-solving abilities and a focus on effective decision-making.
- Commitment to upholding high standards of performance and achieving ambitious company goals.
- Persuasive negotiation skills to advance company-wide initiatives.
- A goal-driven mindset with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding commitments.
- Availability to travel as needed to support product launches and address technical challenges.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.