At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As a Design Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the design process of Indian Motorcycle/On-Road related components and sub-systems from concept to production in order to achieve the product objectives within a specified time. In this role, you will support the technical design, development, and validation of vehicle system projects. Using systems / ALD engineering principles, you will convert customer needs into sub-system specifications and define key attributes related to your sub-systems. Working closely with Systems Engineers, Vehicle Architects, Program, Validation, Continuous Improvement, Souring and Manufacturing teams you will work to design, source and release class leading sub-systems for new products.
- Generates CAD models, detail drawings, and analysis required to support the above and supervises their release through the release cycle.
- Supports all design related component styling, purchasing and manufacturing issues with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery and cost
- Establishes a reasonable project development schedule from concept to production implementation in line with overall business requirements.
- Determines ideal component manufacturing route to ensure overall design, performance and cost conformance.
- Analyze existing and new designs to identify and implement cost reduction opportunities.
- Creates component or system design requirements and specifications.
- Prepares preliminary sketches and/or schematic diagrams and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solution of engineering problems and risk.
- Coordinates design reviews on projects to ensure adequate cross functional input and involvement from all internal stakeholders.
- Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
Experience & Skills
- 2-5 years related design experience; preferably in related consumer product categories (automotive, Agriculture, accessories, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience 3-D CAD modeling software (CREO, PTC Windchill, Pro-Engineering, or related).
- Experience with complex system tradeoff analyses, troubleshooting, risk management (project & technical including but not limited to HARA, DFMEA, etc.) strongly preferred
- GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups
- Creation of original system requirements and specifications
- Exhibits outstanding interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written communication).
- Powersports riding experience (Motorcycle and/or ORV) strongly preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or a related category.
Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent that meet or exceed standard expectations.
Collaborating with Others
Working together with others in a cooperative and supportive manner to achieve shared goals.
Customer Value Management
Developing customer value plans to create value for sales opportunities through effective communications and thorough knowledge of customers and markets.
Creating a welcoming environment that encourages different perspectives and new ideas, building a culture of curiosity, openness, and creativity across the organization and the wider community.
Holding yourself and others to high standards of accountability, and creating an infrastructure and transparent corporate culture that supports and measures personal and organizational responsibility and accountability.
- 10% travel throughout the year, both domestic and internationally.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.