At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As a Senior Supplier Development Engineer at Polaris, you'll be at the center of the supplier development process. You will be responsible for cultivating relationships with suppliers and for optimizing the quality supplied parts and materials. You will play a role in cross-functional teams to drive performance improvements across the supply base and ensure alignment with Polaris' strategic objectives.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of supplier quality, manufacturing capabilities, and production capacities to assure alignment with Polaris standards.
- Spearhead root cause analysis and implement effective corrective and preventative actions (CAPA) to address performance issues.
- Manage risk through proactive mitigation strategies, and lead supplier training and improvement initiatives.
- Develop and present insightful executive summaries and supplier performance scorecards to senior leadership.
- Innovate and standardize quality core processes to drive excellence across the supply chain.
- Oversee the seamless onboarding of new suppliers while actively participating in the Supplier Continuous Improvement Program (SCIP), focusing on suppliers that require strategic development to meet performance expectations.
- Conduct onsite audits and problem-solving sessions at supplier facilities as part of the onboarding process or SCIP initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related discipline
- 4+ years of relevant Quality/Operations experience
- In-depth knowledge of Quality Core Toolset, including Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Statistical Process Control (SPC), and Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time to both domestic and international supplier locations
- Hands-on experience with diverse processes relating to various vehicle component commodities
- Proven ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams, including Engineering, Operations, and Supply Chain
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.