At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris is seeking a Technician for our Vehicle Emissions Lab. This technician would be responsible for chassis-based emissions testing and equipment calibrations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate chassis dynamometers and emissions measurement equipment
- Conduct emissions testing
- Perform daily equipment calibration (including dyno and emissions bench)
- Setup and operate data acquisition and associated software
- Remove and reinstall parts for emissions testing
- Update powertrain hardware on development vehicles as needed
- Maintain the quality and integrity of data generated
- Document testing, summarize results, and write test reports
- Create, maintain and improve test processes and procedures
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized laboratory area according to Polaris standards
- Assist with justification for new capital equipment supporting emissions lab
- 3-5 years of experience in powertrain testing, chassis dyno operation, or emissions testing.
- Familiarity with test equipment such as vehicle scan tools, data acquisition systems, and similar instrumentation.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to self-manage time and coordinate multiple stakeholders.
- Basic fabrication skills.
- 3+ years of experience with mechanical work on powersports or automotive products
- Motorcycle, ATV, and UTV riding experience.
- Test schedule programming and operation experience.
- Travel: Less than 10%
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.