At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Sr. Plant Director is the top leadership position with financial responsibility for all operations at the Monterrey manufacturing location. The Sr. Plant Director will work to increase site profitability, improve reaction times to customers’ orders, manage full-time, seasonal and indirect employees, and build a best-in-class manufacturing organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for directing production, quality, facilities & maintenance, engineering, safety, materials, finance, and human resources within the operation while partnering with internal & external partners to ensure execution and improvement across all key performance metrics including cost, quality, safety, new product launch and delivery.
2. Drives year over year cost and efficiency improvements to improve gross margins.
3. Implements plans and programs to enable best-in-class operating procedures and drive continuous rates of improvement in productivity, capacity utilization, reduced costs (labor, materials, waste/rework, and inventory), quality and safety.
4. Promotes and maintains a safe working environment for employees.
5. Ensures supply chain & operational readiness for new product launches and related metrics (i.e. on-time start of production, launch supply, manufacturing cycle time and quality).
6. Plans, directs, organizes and coordinates all of the operations and activities relating to product manufacturing and production control to streamline the systems and improve material flow.
7. Maintains and builds customer relationships and leads teams in the development of new customer initiatives, including joint teams to address key areas for improvement.
8. Coordinates all manufacturing activities with business, sales, engineering and quality teams to ensure that product requirements and quality standards are met.
9. Acts as owner and steward for product quality and quality improvements.
10. Builds a culture of high performance and continuous improvement, using lean standard work at a fundamental level to create a culture that ensures all personnel are using standard work in the execution of duties.
11. Develops annual business plans for departmental expenses as well as managing inventory and production plans. Minimizes excess and obsolete inventory.
12. Responsible for the development of managers and team members. Develops and maintains objectives, development plans, performance reviews and succession plans.
13. Fosters positive employee relations and high employee engagement.
14. Charters, facilitates, and leads teams to execute transformational improvement initiatives with direct and indirect labor.
15. Manages all capital projects to ensure implementation is within timeline, budget, and expected payback.
16. Community involvement and leadership.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
• A seasoned and knowledgeable manufacturing executive who has led large-scale manufacturing plants through all phases of development, including start-up, growth, and mature organizations. Deep and impressive experience managing complex operations with a wide geographic scope and network. Proven ability to assess and improve an operation and knowledge of the latest technology trends.
• Exceptional leadership, team, and people skills. An individual who can set the vision and strategy aligned with the overall business. In addition, he or she must be able to set the metrics and hold people accountable to achieving the desired results. Finally, this executive must be a change agent who can develop and motivate his team to higher levels of accomplishment.
• Relationship Building, influencing and interpersonal skills: Ability to develop deep relationships with third party leaders and with key executives and directors at Polaris.
• High Potential and Promotable: An individual that has a proven track record of high performance, advancement and is promotable within the organization.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
1. 15+ years of manufacturing engineering/leadership in heavy assembly/automotive industries, including previous leadership experience as Plant Manager of large or multi-site production facilities.
2. Leadership capabilities to achieve two levels of promotion.
3. Plant leadership, including driving key metrics and culture.
4. Union or positive employee relations experience.
5. Robust experience and education on lean or similar continuous improvement systems.
6. 4 year degree in engineering or business related field required, masters preferred.
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
8. Strategic thinker with ability to be hands-on in the operation.
9. Willingness and ability to develop talent.
10. Experience integrating mergers and acquisitions.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.