At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Serve as a Lean subject matter expert, mentor and promotor for all Monterrey functional leaders. Supports Plant Director in implementing Polaris Lean Production System (PPS) by promoting and enabling process improvement while building self-sustaining lean capabilities across all products and functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and own lean improvement plan across the entire site. Develop metrics to measure progress towards lean objectives, specifically: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Engagement.
- Work with Plant Director and functional leaders to develop a pipeline of viable projects. Review and rank against the sites strategic objectives. Recommend the best projects to execute based on alignment with the Plant's Strategic Roadmap. Report out progress to objectives.
- Execute Lean initiatives to improve processes, drive out waste, and optimize flow across all value stream.
- Understand intersections of core Engineering processes and identify improvement opportunities for better overall process effectiveness.
- Educate and align employees to the principle, practices, and philosophy of continuous improvement through tools such as value stream mapping, basic problem-solving, Kaizen, standardized work, work-content analysis, waste elimination, quality at the source, 5S, etc.
- Lead development and implementation of Engineering Standard work.
- Provide guidance and leadership for process improvements teams to ensure process changes are optimizing value to both external and internal customers.
- Assist with Annual Plant Roadmap vision and creation, lean organizational development, cross-functional project planning, and training in continuous improvement principles and methods for all employees.
- Support efforts to establish and improve standard work, management systems, and key business processes.
- Champion and provide leadership, training, and support to achieve “World Class” performance and strategic objectives.
- Drive strategic integration of non-Engineering functions to breakdown functional barriers and deliver customer value.
- Work with central lean group in Corporate to establish and maintain companywide lean standards regarding organizational structure, kaizen methodology, training in and implementation of lean tools, daily improvement management and reporting, etc.
- Drive Plant Wide VIP (Value Improvement Process) Activties
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Demonstrated results oriented with significant lean capabilities and experience
- Well-honed people development and coaching productivity, self-starter that is innovative, professional and customer focused.
- Strategic thinker that has the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent project planning, execution, organizing and administrative skills.
- Ability lead change and motivate team members at all levels within the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others without direct authority.
- Effective decision-making, problem solving and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work effectively within tight deadlines and firm schedules.
- Ability to embrace a rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar field preferred.
- Proven ability to develop and execute a lean strategy that delivers measurable results
- Proven ability to lead change and motivate at all levels within an organization
- 5-10 years of experience in a production setting with strong, cross-functional process orientation.
- Familiarity with weld, fabrication, paint, and assembly production
- Interest and willingness to advance into operations leadership positions.
- Lean background with experience leading kaizen events, developing value stream maps at the organizational level, using appropriate tools to teach problem-solving and facilitate change.
- Lean certification preferred; able to complete identified training if needed
- Manufacturing Environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.