At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Position: EMC Test Technologist/Engineer (title depending upon qualifications and experience)
Location: Wyoming, MN (on site)
This position is based in the Polaris EMC/EMI Testing Lab. This lab provides electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and electromagnetic interference (EMI) screening, testing, certification, and analysis services for all Polaris products. This lab is part of the Polaris Structural Testing department which is split between the Polaris Product Development Centers in both Wyoming and Roseau in Minnesota. This role will be based out of the Wyoming, MN facility and will support the existing team of test technicians and engineers based there. Main responsibilities will be leading the development and execution of EMC/EMI screening tests on Polaris vehicles and test components, identifying and problem-solving issues, and working to develop strategies that result in successful certification tests.
- Maintain and execute existing procedures, which assess the EMC performance and compatibility of Polaris components and/or vehicles
- Establish new best practice system design and test strategies for EMC compliance
- Planning and executing certification activities with local certified EMC test labs
- Writing technical test reports upon completion of test activities
- Communicating results to our internal customers
- Work with the product teams to problem solve and correct components/vehicles that do not meet internal or regulatory EMC requirements and standards
- Maintaining and organization of the lab and equipment to ensure efficient operation and compliance.
- Prioritization and scheduling of test requests
- Set-up Polaris sub-system assemblies per engineering drawings
- Set-up and operate lab test equipment including, but not limited to, antenna, analyzer, oscilloscope, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining and calibrating test equipment
- Drive the necessary activities for continued growth of the capabilities of the EMC/EMI lab
- Develop EMC peer team
- Operation of Polaris vehicles
- Ability to present self professionally and successfully work with vendors
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Seek out and attend job related training opportunities
- Keep abreast of the latest EMC design theory and applicable standards
- Maintain knowledge of proper operational procedures of all test equipment
- Any other tasks as required
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 4-Year degree (in a technical field preferred)
- 2 years of relevant technical experience in EMC/EMI testing
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with of all associated EMI/EMC laboratory test equipment including: Spectrum Analyzers, Radiofrequency (RF) Amplifiers, Signal Generators, EMI Receivers, Antennas, Directional Couplers, and Power Meters
- Understanding of and ability to specify electronic system test hardware such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, logic analyzers, function generators, electronic load banks, power supplies, power analyzers, network components, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of all applicable certification test standards that apply to our vehicles.
- Excellent hands-on knowledge of electrical systems.
- Experience performing vehicle and system-level testing
- Experienced with test planning and coordination
- Quality and customer-focused
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work alone with little direction
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize with attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and effective manner with internal and external customers in all circumstances including answering questions, relaying messages and providing information with regard to standards, test procedures, technical recommendations for compliance and certification requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Dynamic, fast-paced environment with travel up to 10%
- Time split between office and shop/test labs.
- Time spent in test lab environment alongside running test equipment (eye protection required, hearing protection required in certain areas).
- Willing to work overtime as needed
- This job requires you to lift up-to 40lbs, bend, twist, turn, kneel, squat, reach overhead, perform strong pinch and grip, push pull up to 100lbs
- Flexible work arrangement available
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.