At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Quality group to document check backs.
- Set up Broadcast for clear instruction to operators.
- Use queries to generate pick lists of unique component parts for use during pilot builds.
- Work with materials team and production to manage component flow by effectivity dates.
- Participate in VIP Program & Kaizen events
- Work with Supervisors and Group Leads to make incremental improvements in workstation layouts and tooling.
- Work with complex 3D models of multiple integrated systems.
- Perform on-line process interpretation and training assistance.
- Work with Lean Team and Manufacturing Engineering on line balancing.
- Partner with Design Engineering teams on new model launches, and BOM tracking concerns.
- Perform time studies to resolve workflow problems.
- Perform tasks as assigned by manufacturing engineer.
- Work to maintain production schedule.
- Assist other Process Techs.
- Complete Training Requirements.
- Support training and development of other process techs.
- Provide technical support to supervisors and engineers.
- Create Visual Work Instructions (VWIs) using 3D CAD.
- Document standard work using ProPlanner and PINPoint.
- Sequence all parts to correct op sequence.
- Set up routings of all new models and enter labor standards in-line with manufacturing engineering.
- Set up Component Verification scanning and troubleshoot issues in production.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have proven leadership abilities.
- Must have superior knowledge of assembly processes.
- Must be able to troubleshoot issues with manufacturing processes.
- Must demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Must be collaborative and team-oriented
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Must be innovative and open to new ideas.
- Must support and understand Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Must exhibit consistent proficiency in all above skills, abilities, responsibilities and Leadership.
Polaris Huntsville Internal Promotion / Transfer Requirements:
- New Hires must have 1 year Continuous Service from Polaris Hire Date
- 6 Months Between Department Transfers or Promotions
- No Active Corrective Actions
- 3 or Less Attendance Occurrences in each Attendance Category
- Must have received a 'Meets Expectation' in most recent performance review, if applicable.
- Resume Required
- Interview Required
- If selected for the position, you are required to move into the position upon the effective date. If you are no longer interested in the position, you must withdraw prior to an offer being presented.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.