At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Position not eligible for sponsorship.
The Sourcing Lead (SL) – ORV Recreation Accessories (RZR, General, and Polaris Xpedition) – will be responsible for procurement activities required for new ORV Recreation Accessory product launches, new technologies, new / key suppliers, and re-sourcing accessories as needed. This role will be responsible for maintaining/selecting a supplier that best fits Polaris' quality, delivery, cost, and technology goals for service parts and facilitate collaboration across engineering, PG&A product development, and PG&A purchasing team through the negotiation of service parts and/or product lines. The SL will own the negotiation and development of long-term agreements regarding lifetime buys, MOQs, EAUs and cost down opportunities. The SL will own the onboarding process for any new ORV Recreation Accessory suppliers including supplier set-up, training, setting of expectations, and handoff to purchasing and run state teams. The SL will also own the onboarding process with the exception of the supplier set up in the case of awarding new items to an existing supplier. The SL will become an expert in understanding the manufacturing capabilities and new technology for existing and potential suppliers to ensure Polaris is working with the best supplier partners driving additional market share to keep riders riding.
- Maintains the supplier relationship for existing suppliers and facilitates communication between suppliers and internal Polaris teams.
- Analyzes current state to determine cost down opportunities and builds strategies to reduce cost and waste.
- Understand supplier capabilities and capacities to produce product in line with Polaris volume expectations.
- Meet regularly with Production sourcing teams to develop strong working relationships and align on strategy for shared suppliers.
- Manages relationships and processes with suppliers to support timely delivery of product to the customer
- Coordination of purchasing activities with PG&A purchasing team to transition products from development into full production
- Coordinate and communicate new accessory releases and design changes with suppliers
- Identify and communicate internally any supplier concerns or opportunities
- Support problem resolution discussions with suppliers & ensure the adequacy and timeliness of supplier corrective action plans
- Ensure tooling is adequately sourced based on cost and quality requirements
- Work with suppliers to resolve price and invoice discrepancies
- Support supplier quality function to determine root cause, necessary containment and counter measure activities for quality related issues
- Monitor and drive supplier performance for assigned categories to ensure suppliers are meeting Polaris requirements for quality and delivery
- Assist in the ongoing segmentation of the PG&A supplier base
- Assist in facilitating supplier business reviews
- BS/BA degree
- 2+ years of experience in Sourcing/Procurement with a demonstrated success in developing supplier partnerships.
- Effective negotiation, communication, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and changing priorities based on market changes.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to travel up to 20%; Regular trips to key suppliers, Polaris engineering and manufacturing facilities. Must have reliable transportation.
- Functional knowledge of engineering documentation, manufacturing process control, and technical data.
- Advanced knowledge of supply contracts with domestic and international suppliers.
- Advanced knowledge of commodity markets, with capability to analyze data and develop strategy.
- Hybrid workplace; 3-4 days in office, 1-2 days per week remote
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.