At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Responsible for technical support for industrial controls utilized in the manufacturing process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop standards and specific control type and configuration for new equipment used in the manufacturing process.
- Develop and maintain required documentation to support controls applications used in the manufacturing process, including operation and maintenance.
- Oversee installation of control systems on new and/or existing equipment.
- Make programming changes that are required to maintain and improve the manufacturing process.
- Interface with vendors, integrators and other plant controls personnel
- Analyze and recommend improvement to manufacturing processes, which will benefit from automation techniques.
- Train production and maintenance personnel in control operations, maintenance and programming functions.
- Assist tooling department in the development and design of new tooling used in the manufacturing process.
- Maintain compliance with company policies, quality standards, safety standards and OSHA compliance.
- Update and create programs for Allen Bradley products used in the manufacturing processes.
- Integrate different systems within the company for data exchange.
- Troubleshooting and commissioning fieldbus networks.
- Creating and modifying schematics with AutoCAD.
- Industrial equipment design and troubleshooting.
- Electrical panel building.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field or Strong Electrical and Controls background.
- 2+ years of experience in completing automation or software projects.
- 2-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have excellent communication, problem-solving, and computer skills.
- Must be able to read, understand, modify and create technical drawings. (AutoCAD)
- Must have experience with Allen Bradley Controls and Software. (Logix5000, FTTM, Panelview)
- Good working knowledge of various power distribution systems including single phase systems of 120/240V, and three phase systems up to 480V.
- Knowledge of C# and Web programming a plus.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.