At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Responsible for performing activities pertaining with the planning, design, validation, manufacturing, and field support of worldwide off-road electrical/electronic systems and components to lead design implementation into production. The primary area of focus will be on Polaris Off-Road vehicles with some work on other Polaris products as required.
- Work directly with System Architect to execute and integrate electrical system plan into vehicle platform
- Work directly with Component Category SME and Component Engineer to develop new electrical components
- Develop and maintain system schedule and refine system cost
- Support physical harness development by creating wire diagrams based on high level schematics
- Support system drawing creation, review, and release
- Work directly with design team on routed system CAD development
- Complete and communicate manufacturing test plan for the electrical system
- Support Routing Team in the creation or development of the manufacturing instructions (ERD)
- Complete system level requirement validation
- Support vehicle builds at Polaris manufacturing sites
- Lead design reviews as required
- Work with Test team to resolve field issues and closure of incident reports (IR)
- Perform analysis on the physical design implementation, including component placement, wire diagram analysis, component selection
- Support feature calibration validation
- Review field warranty issues and implement solutions in designs
- Performs other miscellaneous electrical engineering assignments as required.
Critical Technical Skills
- B.S. in Electrical/Mechanical/Computer/Systems Engineering or closely related curriculum required with 2 years of experience.
- Understanding and experience with circuit design, system-level design, component specifications, and requirements management
- Highly developed computer skills using EE design/analysis and Microsoft Office software
- Experience in, or an interest in, formal methods of Systems Engineering.
- Engineering problem solving approach
- Analog and digital circuit analysis and design
- Experience with electronic schematic capture and circuit simulation tools
- Electrical system design of vehicle or machine control systems
- Experience with mechanical systems and engines (doesn’t have to be included in formal education)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Hands-on experience using electrical test and assembly equipment
- Product development experience
- Wire harness design experience
- Control Area Network (CAN) experience
- Creative, innovative, decisive, and prone to action. Quality and customer-focused
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners
- Familiarity with worldwide requirements, regulations, and compliance standards
- Strong organizational skills to execute multiple programs concurrently
- Some travel required to support vehicle builds and interface with suppliers (US and International)
- Fast-paced office and lab environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.