At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Initiate and lead Polaris Production System (PPS) of process improvements for assembly, tube fab, weld, paint, and injection mold through evaluation and optimization of line balancing, material flow delivery, part presentation, workstation layout, and overall elimination of waste. Leads cross functional team to define scope, brainstorming, action planning, implementation, and calculation of benefits to improve efficiency.
- Develops, implements and standardizes across all the plants and product lines work measurement techniques and labor utilization standards.
- Perform time, motion, and video studies and elemental breakdowns of all manufacturing processes to analyze, recommend, and implement solutions to resolve bottlenecks and improve efficiency through application of lean principles including cycle time takt time charts, best sequence, and precedence.
- Facilitate and lead activities such as Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Problem Solving, 5S, Kaizen and SMED events to support product development initiatives.
- Conduct assigned process audits to support Lean Culture. (5S and MDI Audit examples)
- Guide, coach and train team members on Lean implementation.
- Create learning resources and develop employees on lean concepts and tools. Develop/adapt training materials and presentations as needed. Assist in the deployment of Polaris’s Lean training materials.
- Collaboration with production, engineering, quality, and materials teams during new production introduction launches to incorporate new products into current line balance and material flow replenishment processes.
- Responsible for coordinating the training of manufacturing and support personnel when implementing new process, equipment or techniques.
- Analyzes work force utilization, facilities layout and operational data, such as production costs, process flow charts and production schedules, to increase efficiency and reduce waste. Estimate future manufacturing requirements, process improvements, and potential capacity.
- Identifies opportunities such as restructuring work content, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and equipment, and purchase of equipment to optimize the manufacturing process. Establishes standard methods to calculate the workspace requirements and design strategies to utilize the workspace effectively.
- Works closely with Packaging, Materials and Production planning group to benchmark, document and implement material replenishment methods, in plant material transportation and line side presentation that enables the right part at the right time in the right quantity including sequencing, kitting, and repack.
- Research new processes & manufacturing technologies, coordinate procurement and implementation into manufacturing.
Skills & Experience Required:
- BS / MS degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Process Engineering or related field or actively working toward completion of degree with demonstrated relevant experience in process line balancing and material flow.
- 5+ years manufacturing experience
- Strong analytical skills required
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint abilities
- Process analysis – Takt time vs. cycle time
- Line balance activities on mixed model assembly lines with option configurations
- Process analysis and efficiency improvement activities in assembly, fabrication, welding, tube fab, and paint operations
- Capacity and constraint analysis
- Process Optimization & Ability to Eliminate Bottlenecks
- Project management - plan, develop and execute preferred
- Design for assembly & manufacturing
- Direct and indirect labor analysis and planning
- Strong computer skills with ability to quickly learn new software/applications
- Value Stream Mapping experience a plus
- Knowledge of Polaris Production System Requirements & Support a plus
- Proficient in MTM / MODapts or equivalent (predetermined motion time system) a plus
Business & Leadership Skills:
- Strong communication, presentation and teamwork skills including the ability to write clear, concise technical documentation
- Highly motivated individual with the passion to set and meet high standards of performance
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills - ability to work in a matrix organization and effectively lead without direct positional authority
- The ability to establish clear, measurable goals and deliver on commitments
- Ability to effectively influence and work in cooperation with cross functional teams
- The ability to break down problems and gain understanding to make effective decisions
- Ability to travel and support product launches and technical problem solving
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.