Systems Engineer - EVNovi, MI
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris is building capabilities in Systems Engineering to support the new product development of complex vehicles and subsystems. This position will be tasked with contributing directly to platform planning and execution as well as aiding the evolution of Systems Engineering within Electrification.
- Work closely with Platform and System Architects to translate customer needs into vehicle architecture definition and documentation
- Support definition and documentation of requirements by planning from system to subsystem to component while leveraging cross-functional team inputs
- Be a contributor to pre-development and product planning activities to promote innovation with insight into system level considerations and realities
- Identify conflicting requirements and drive decision resolution through trade-off study
- Manage key program interfaces through clear documentation and communication with interface owners
- Support PDP (Product Development Process) requirements and development toolsets that drive completeness, clarity, and scope
- Ensure performance attributes meet the defined vehicle application and vehicle functional requirements are understood by the project team
- Own the effectiveness of requirements specified and ensure requirements have been achieved by supporting the development of vehicle-level system simulation
- Drive vehicle simulation accuracy to ensure requirement parameter accuracy
- Provide technical guidance to Project Engineer and design guidance to CAD/CAE providers as needed
- Support Design and Validation plan for vehicle and key vehicle components
- Be a champion of the customer and a student of consumer insights
- Grow familiar with the consumer experience and the product to inform and enhance the value of your role
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. Engineering Degree
- 5 + years’ experience in consumer product engineering
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of engineering principles, practices, and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects
- Experience in sub-system interfaces and components, and familiarity with software and controls development
- Background in electrical, thermal, mechanical, and fluid system dynamics and evaluation
- Ability to guide simulation and use historical acquired data to develop system requirements and evaluate alternate solutions
- Has aptitude and desire for occasional hands on work in lab or development shop environment
- Values and builds rapport with stakeholders on both end of engineering operations
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Creative and innovative
- Decisive and prone to action – self starter
- Experience with Microsoft suite (Outlook Teams, PowerPoint) is helpful
- Experience with simulation programs (eg. GT Suite, ADAMS, Amesim, etc) is helpful
- <20% travel will be required with this role.
Note* Title will commensurate to years of experience
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.