Test Cell Operator/Mechanic I - ValidationRoseau, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This position supports the Polaris Powertrain Validation process in the engine endurance labs during 2nd Shift - 3:00PM to 11:00PM. You will collaborate with a fast-paced team of experts to validate new powertrain technologies in the dynamometer/test lab. The daily tasks for this position include: performing stand set ups, engine preparation for dynamometer testing, engine instrumentation, light fabrication, engine dynamometer testing and documentation of test status and results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Setup and update test engine hardware for dyno testing - instrument engine as specified.
- Setup and operate data acquisition and associated software.
- Disassemble and reassemble engines and other powertrain system hardware.
- Operate engine and CVT dynamometers.
- Maintain daily logs on all running engines and test components
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of data generated.
- Maintain a well-organized clean work area that meets OSHA requirements and 5S Methods.
- Update powertrain hardware on test vehicles as needed.
- Maintain inventory of parts needed for testing
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
Critical Technical Skills/Knowledge
- 1 + years of experience with high performance small engines, or similar powersports dealership experience is required.
- Attention to detail.
- Process oriented.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent understanding of internal combustion engines, fuel systems, and CVT systems.
- Experience assembling, and disassembling engines.
- Thorough electrical and mechanical troubleshooting/diagnosing skillset.
Desirable Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Experience with vehicle electrical systems, wiring, reading schematics.
- Fabrication, machining, welding, soldering.
- Familiarity with comprehensive engine teardown inspections.
- Understanding of dynamometer testing.
Fast paced testing in a laboratory environment.
Working around machinery, vehicles, moving parts.
Willing to work weekends on short notice.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.