Product Leader – PG&A ElectrificationPlymouth, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Develop the product planning/development strategy and roadmap to establish and grow the Polaris electric vehicle accessory portfolio aligned with the electric vehicle planning and development teams. Lead global product planning, product life cycle management, product design, development, and cost; product quality; champion market research & consumer insights, pricing & profit plans. Drive organizational alignment through the Polaris product development process (PDP) including influencing and guiding the go to market strategy with the sales and marketing team. A key member of the organization’s electrification initiative and significant opportunity to drive innovation, product quality & profitability for Polaris.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads global long range product plans (LRPP) and aligns organization through highly integrated planning & process integration; LRPP, integrated PDP reviews, design, test & validation rigor, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
- Develops deep understanding of the customer to drive the voice of the customer into all aspects of work.
- Responsible for driving alignment and integration with the Global Business Unit electrification teams.
- Deliver P&L results. Responsible for accessory revenue, gross margins, operating expenses and inventory. Guides team to develop and recommend attachment rate targets, sales volume, pricing and profit margin forecasts.
- Champions consumer insights, product / idea generation & planning. Analyzes market data, competitive activity, demographic & lifestyle trends to identify market opportunities that align with the strategic objectives of the business.
- Develops strategic roadmap for new, innovative & signature accessories that support the target customer and enhance the product ownership and lifestyle experience.
- Communicates & collaborates with engineering and product development teams to ensure timely and effective accessory product development and product changes aligned with whole goods product development.
- Manages relationships and processes with suppliers and engineering to ensure cost competitiveness, timely delivery, supply and orders to customers (dealers & consumers).
- Tracks technology development, industrial design and competitive product development trends to foster innovation, identify future opportunities and competitive threats.
- Identifies new opportunities for further expansion of the PG&A division in new segments via organic development, strategic alliances/partnerships and acquisitions.
- Represents division and company as spokesperson on occasion; attends various industry events including trade association meetings.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 5+ years relevant brand, marketing and/or product development experience.
- Strong project management and analytical skills. Knowledge and experience with quantitative and qualitative market research tools. Strong customer, brand and channel experience.
- Excellent presentation skills. Ability to present to and persuade a wide range of audiences from Polaris Senior Management, to members of the press to dealers.
- Cross-functional influencing capabilities, able to work well across and up and down the organization. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of quantitative & qualitative market research tools and techniques. Strong customer focus.
- Ability to use product competently. Extensive knowledge of powersports and/or automotive-like products a plus.
- Experience in electrification and battery powered products and ecosystems preferred.
- Standard office environment. Regular trips to key suppliers, Polaris engineering and manufacturing facilities.
- Travel required approximately 25% of the time (primarily throughout US & Canada, occasionally overseas).
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.