Assoc, Marketing ManagerPlymouth, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Associate Marketing Manager for Motorcycle Accessories leads the development and execution of various product marketing strategies, plans & tactics for the Indian Motorcyle and Polaris Slingshot accessory portfolios. They are responsible for bringing all new Indian Motorcycle and Slingshot accessories to market, which includes marketing vehicle up-fit management, photo/video/asset production leadership and marketing communications planning. They will support both National Marketing initiatives and Local Marketing initiatives with our dealership partners. They will lead cross-functional project teams and work collaboratively with several team members across marketing vehicle up-fits, visual content production, e-commerce, digital merchandising, product development, dealer sales and brand marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategic Leadership
- Partner with Accessory Product Leaders and leverage consumer/competitive insights to develop integrated go-to-market plans that include new product positioning, naming and product messaging.
- Include both National Marketing initiatives and Local Marketing initiatives within those go-to-market plans; Local Marketing initiatives will require collaboration with our Indian Motorcycle and Slingshot Channel Marketing Teams on communications, assets and programs that will increase dealership marketing engagement and retail success for new and existing accessories.
- Partner with internal teams and external agencies to plan multi-channel marketing communications and all the marketing elements that are required to execute them.
- Tactical [Project] Leadership
- Develop marketing project scopes & objectives -- involve key stakeholders and ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Lead the up-fit of accessorized motorcycles and Slingshots to be leveraged for content capture and dealer/consumer events.
- Based on project objectives, produce (with the support of various team members) the marketing elements required such as CGI, studio/location photography, copy, animations, graphics and videos; These elements will be placed across various marketing channels including email, social, in-store POP, digital media ads, public relations, internal/sales/dealer trainings and presentations.
- Ensure adherence to brand guidelines for all marketing elements produced.
- Work with cross-functional team to develop, maintain and execute our master calendar of traffic-driving tactics including new accessory launches and promotional programs.
- Partner with e-commerce team to inform & develop the plans for digital merchandising and promotion of accessory products; Review all new elements for product accuracy before publishing
- Lead all phases of printed catalog development including creative direction, layout/pagination, CCI, studio/location photography, warehouse inventory and sales/dealer distribution
- Lead planning and execution of events including dealer shows and consumer events such as Daytona Bike Week and Sturgis Rally
- Track, analyze and report on status, results, and optimizations vs. your objectives on an ongoing basis
- Team Leadership
- Work within cross-functional teams and lead various meetings to understand and deliver your objectives
- Effectively manage agency partners as well as project schedules and budgets
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing or related
- 3+ years marketing or related experience; Proven leadership
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment, managing projects on time and within budget
- Ability to work well across, up and down the organization, including executive presentation
- Ability to operate effectively and autonomously outside-the-office (photo/video shoots, consumer events, dealer meetings, etc.)
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Travel required with most during March – August content production season
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.