Vehicle Systems Engineer – Fuel SystemsMonterrey
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
We are looking for Fuel Systems Engineer to join our off-road team. This person will be designing industry leading ATV and SxS fuel systems and help to develop new fuel system technologies.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Design industry leading ATV and SxS fuel systems and evaporative emissions systems to ensure increased profitability and market share
- Work with project teams to define project goals and product specifications
- Develop new ORV fuel system technologies
- Participate or lead the fuel system peer review team
- Create and maintain fuel system – evaporative emissions system design guidelines and validation plans and communicate to the project teams and the validation teams
- Work with project teams to define project goals and system specifications.
- Work with Development Engineers and Technicians to make sure the suitable level of development and validation of ATV and SxS fuel systems is conducted at the appropriate times
- Interface with environmental compliant specialist and engineering testing to ensure all certifications are completed in a timely manner
- Organize and lead design reviews to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups
- Work with the ORV design group, contract design team, and outside suppliers to ensure production drawings are accurate and properly dimensioned (using KPC’s and GD&T)
- Work with Powertrain design team in the development, specification and implementation of new engines and the fuel systems to support the engines for current and future ORV models
- Provide fuel system technical support to: Project Engineers, Designers, Design Engineers, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Powertrain, Quality Assurance and Service
- Benchmark competitive designs
- Analyze manufacturing and field problems and recommend and implement solutions
- Cross train and support development and validation of other vehicle subsystems including: clutching, drive line, brakes, intake, exhaust, and suspensions
- Review and assist with developing and implementing fuel system process control plans
- Ensure production drawings are accurate and properly dimensioned (using GD&T) to deliver Key Product characteristics (KPCs)
- Prepares preliminary sketches, layout, and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solutions of engineering problems
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Posses an understanding of fuel system function and design
- Design and development experience required, preferred fuel system design
- Experience with 3D CAD modeling, preferably Creo-parametric and PRS experience
- Experience with system specifications
- Ability to ride ATVs and SxSs for the purpose of field development and performance evaluation
- Possess and apply a broad knowledge of principals, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects
- Superior technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic experience and broad practical experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners
Fast paced office environment
Travel as needed for test trips, vendor visits, customer relations, and training (Up to 10%)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.