Custodian - Distribution CenterVermillion, SD
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Perform custodial duties in the distribution center on a daily basis including trash and cardboard throughout the warehouse racking and office spaces.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collect and remove all trash from offices, conference rooms, cubicles, desks, restrooms, and lunchrooms. Replace can liners as needed.
- Operate floor scrubber throughout the DC.
- Remove cardboard throughout the facility. Operate cardboard compactor.
- Clear empty pallet locations and Bin returns.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- High school diploma or GED required; must be 18 years of age or older.
- Independence and initiative with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail.
- Positive attitude. Excellent time and attendance.
- Operates automated carts and other such machinery. Prior experience preferred but not required.
- Knowledgeable with all safety procedures and practices safe operation at all times
- Standard office and warehouse environment
- Ability to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 50 lbs individually and up to 75 lbs with a team lift is required.
- Ability to stand/walk for lengthy periods of time
- Ability to tolerate heights up to 26 feet
- During peak operational periods, overtime may be required, including Saturdays
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.