Retail Merchandising ManagerPlymouth, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Retail Merchandising Manager will report to the Category Growth Director and is responsible for helping to create and execute the overall category growth strategy across the dealer network. The position requires a dynamic leader with a proven ability to translates insights into action. This role will have one direct report, so prior people management experience is critical.
This individual will work cross functionally to develop tools, plans and tactics to lead category growth and drive profitability across Polaris’ portfolio of vehicles, and PG&A. A key responsibility of this role is managing and activating industry-leading in-store/retail merchandising for our dealers with a focus on brand standards and alignment.
The Retail Merchandising Manager will work closely with field sales teams, the ORV Channel Marketing team, and our in-store vendor partners. This individual will also partner with key dealers across the network, focusing on optimizing our Polaris in-store representation. A large portion of the Retail Merchandising Manager role centers around managing our Polaris Retail Experience within the dealer network.
The ideal candidate will be curious, have a flexible approach, be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and have a strong bias for action and results. The role also requires entrepreneurial thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage and develop one direct report.
• Work with the Category Growth Director on developing key category strategies and then execute those strategies across the dealer network.
• Help lead key initiatives around dealer space, assortment, merchandising, and partnership.
• Deliver a complete Polaris Retail Experience (PRE) and partner with field sales on the roll-out.
• Lead project management of the PRE, ensuring deadlines are hit, work is within budget, and required dealer information is gathered.
• Work in partnership with the Category Growth Director on vendor management in support of merchandising strategy development and execution
• Facilitate in-store design consultation meetings for dealer remodels and expansions to ensure the right merchandising solution is leveraged.
• Help develop retail standards and provide consistent merchandising direction to the field and our dealers.
• Collaborate with Marketing, Product Planning, Product Line Sales, Field Sales and PGA for holistic dealership planning and execution to drive market share.
• Help build and deliver essential reporting, tracking and analytic tools to increase retail effectiveness and growth
• Partner with the Data Science Team to help create an actionable efficient assortment tool
• Build influential and compelling selling stories leveraging shopper insights, purchase behavior, market trends, and category insights to support Category Growth initiatives and drive Polaris market share and dealer partnership.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 5-7 years of marketing and/or category management experience; sales experience a plus
• In-store execution or merchandising experience
• Strong understanding of how the POG and space management process work
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and build plans for complex initiatives that work cross-functionally
• Ability to work in very fast-paced environment with capacity to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated strong analytic and critical thinking skills
• Excellent communicator with strong presentation and consultative skills. Must be able to effectively present to executive teams.
• Prior management experience (of others and/or agencies)
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Corporate office environment
• Travel required, up to 20% of the time
This position is not eligible for sponsorship
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.