Specialist Engineer - Structures, Polaris Off-Road Vehicles DivisionMonterrey
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Assist in the predevelopment and support of the system of structural components for new and existing ORV products; including the chassis, ROPS, bumpers and other structural members. Use CAE and other tools to evaluate and improve preliminary designs. Complete cost and other investigative studies to support benchmarking and trade-off studies. Assist or lead the development of standards and best practice documents and procedures. Work closely with engineering, project, test, validation, manufacturing, purchasing, and suppliers as necessary to help support critical project needs. Provide support as directed to the development and delivery of the best in cab rider experience in the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares preliminary sketches and/or schematic diagrams and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solution of engineering problems.
- Create specifications, generate CAD models and layouts, and analyze structural components and assemblies in support of the development and refinement of off-road vehicles.
- Completes engineering calculations, clearance checks, tolerance stacks, CAE, DFMEA, and cost studies.
- Develop standard work processes and procedures for the design and analysis of structures.
- Performs other miscellaneous project and engineering related tasks as assigned
- Create schedules, track project progress and product KPCs, and coordinate and communicate activity necessary for the successful completion of assigned projects and tasks.
- Assists in benchmarking activity, field failure investigation and root cause analysis, and the collection and analysis of various sources of data to make and communicate decisions.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 8+ years of experience in the design, analysis, and product development of structures in an industry applicable to off-road vehicles is required
- Deep understanding of structures design, analysis, manufacturing, and validation activities
- Proven track record of successful project execution and continuous improvement
- Analytically strong with the ability to organize and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and efficiency
- Experience with CREO and Ansys, Hypermesh, or similar CAE tool is strongly preferred
- Experience with bolted joint analysis, GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups, and engineering standards is required
- Proficient in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
- Proficient with Microsoft software including Excel, Teams, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Fast paced office environment.
- Flexible hours are required to participate in meetings with global team.
- International Travel to United States may be required (less than 10%).
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.