Senior Global Product Compliance & Standards Development DirectorWyoming, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This is an exciting leadership role working in the research and development center of the world’s leading Powersports company. Reporting to the Vice President, Legal – Product Safety, you will lead a results-driven, dynamic team of compliance engineers and specialists responsible globally for identifying, evaluating, and complying with mandatory and voluntary product standards, regulations, laws and specifications; assessing regulatory risk and developing mitigation strategies to address those risks; and developing and certifying products against evolving internal vehicle requirements. Youwill lead the team planning for and obtaining emissions, vehicle safety, homologation, radio and other product certifications enabling global sales of all Polaris products, including side-by-sides, ATVs, snowmobiles, motorcycles, boats, military vehicles, and related parts and accessories. You will also work cross-functionally to develop standards and guidelines for adaptation as appropriate into Polaris’ internal requirements. This role will involve substantial collaboration with senior internal and external stakeholders on compliance-related issues, where you will need to champion new process and standards development to drive timely, effective and world-class compliance standards-setting and execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain worldwide product compliance across all Global Business Units by direct participation in Long Range Product Planning (LRPP) and the Product Development Process (PDP).
- Obtain product compliance approvals on a timely basis to support the global product plan.
- Lead a team of direct reports in several locations and a cross-functional global network of engineers, manufacturing facilities, business leaders, and legal team support to maintain compliance.
- Establish and manage performance to Product Compliance budget and staffing plans.
- Own relationships with regulatory agency and technical service partners.
- Positively lead team in identifying standards from other industries and sectors and evaluating and modifying if necessary those tests for adaptation into Polaris’ internal requirements.
- Develop and maintain compliance processes using Information Systems technology where feasible, driving, tracking and documenting progress against roadmaps
- Actively track and influence global standards applicable to Polaris products.
- Participate in the post-sale surveillance and recall processes as related to Product Compliance.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams, external experts and international industry groups to develop new industry voluntary standards and new internal Polaris mandatory standards to optimize the safety, performance and consumer experience using our products.
- Resolve any non-compliance issues that arise, and support any related regulatory reporting and litigation as required.
- Product scope includes Off-Road Vehicles, On-Road (Indian) Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Military & Commercial Vehicles, Boats, and Parts, Garments & Accessories including Portable Fuel Containers.
- Functional areas of coverage include vehicle emissions, product safety standards such as lighting and braking, electromagnetic compatibility, radio frequency devices, and other product compliance requirements exclusive of the Substance Compliance and Trade Compliance disciplines.
- Markets supported include all countries where Polaris sells products - the U.S., Canada, EU, China, Japan, Australia, and numerous other countries in Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. or M.S. degree in engineering or technical field
- Minimum 7 years of experience leading teams
- Minimum 10 years of vehicle-level product compliance experience
- Ability to collaborate and influence effectively in a matrixed environment
- Extensive experience in assessing compliance risk, obtaining vehicle certification approvals, maintaining self-certification files, and resolving complex vehicle compliance challenges
- Strong communication skills in a global setting
- Mechanical aptitude and enthusiasm for Polaris Products
- Dynamic, fast-paced environment
- North American and International team (reports located in USA, Poland and India)
- Moderate travel required (15%)
This position is not eligible for sponsorship
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.