Manufacturing Engineer - Weekend SupportOsceola, WI
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Primary technical support for the manufacturing operations on the weekend shift, Friday through Sunday. Maintain and improve engine and drivetrain assembly lines to achieve necessary safety, quality and cost standards, goals, and metrics.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Own the daily performance and troubleshooting of issues with manufacturing equipment to ensure production continues to run efficiently. Partner closely with the weekend supervisor and maintenance personnel.
- Assist the manufacturing engineering team with completion of various continuous improvement projects (fixture design, process optimization, safety improvements, etc.)
- Conducts direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up and workstation layout.
- Defines tooling and fixturing used in the manufacturing process. Coordinates with tool designers to specify and then procure new tooling, fixtures.
- Analyzes and evaluates manufacturing methods and standards. Provides solution to problems that adversely affect operator safety, quality, productivity, and cost utilizing APQP & lean processes.
- Identifies areas of unnecessary cost. Research methods and procedures for cost reduction, work cell development and material flow improvement.
- Works with New Product Introduction teams to ensure manufacturing process supports and meets business needs.
- Provide guidance for improvement and updates of process documentation and procedures.
Skills and Knowledge:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Industrial Engineering.
- Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required
- Able to communicate with all levels and positions
- Presentation experience
- Understanding of financial metrics & measures
- Proficiency with PC's and other Industrial Controls preferred.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Strong Troubleshooting and Problem Solving skills.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.